post thanksgiving restart

Options
After being mesmerized by the pumpkin pie, stuffing and my mother-in-law's terribly naughty sweet potato dish, I am now happy to be back to tracking my food once again. It really works! And for all of you younger woman out there - GET A HANDLE ON YOUR WEIGHT WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG! I'm 57 and my body can still lose weight, but I have all those years I was in denial, except for some successful attempts now and then which, of course, eventually ended up with even more weight gain. i DEFINITELY think tracking your food makes you so much more accountable to yourself . Take heart - if I can make progress, you can, too!!

Replies

• change_happens
    Options
    lol! I think we all need a Thanksgiving Restart... and later, a Christmas Restart ;)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Those darn sweet potato dishes!!!

Good for you getting on track! We can all do this!
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I see that I am not alone in getting off track through the Thanksgiving Holiday's. I am 35 & I have found that weight loss has become increasingly harder since having my thyroid killed almost 2 years ago. This weekend was extremely stressful for me, as Thanksgiving morning I had to bury my beloved pet. I am a stress eater, and tend to go eat the most fatening items when stressed (pies,cakes, cheese dip). There is nothing that I can do about the poor choices that I made this weekend, so I have just started over new today. I have gone back to eating healthy items, walked for an hour and did week 1 & week 2 of the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I gained 2lbs over the weekend, but I think that I am retaining a little bit of fluid as well. I agree that tracking your food and exercise makes you more accountable to yourself. I wish you the best with your future weight loss.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I need to follow your lead and get back on track post Thanksgiving. I'm committing to logging everything that I put into my body starting first thing in the morning!
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. re-starting tomorrow!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yep, I told myself I wouldn't dive headfirst into the pie, but that didn't happen. I dove headfirst into the pie, the cheesecake and the cookies. But we all restarted and that is what matters.