Crazy Aunt Dee!!!

EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
Thanksgiving was great...until! Who else has a "Crazy" relative who gets drunk at a family function and acts stupid? Growing up, every now and then one of My relatives would "show out" on a holiday or family gathering. I always kinda laughed when I saw it happen...we would always say, "Oh Lawd, there goes Aun't Dee" or whoever else it may be. BUT WHAT happens when YOU/ME becomes, "Crazy Aunt Dee?" I did this Thanksgiving. That shyt is embarrassing, the next day you have to apologize, pretend you were not drunk...and MOST of all I HOPE NOBODY listened to all the stuff I said that has been eating at Me, and wanted to get it out!

Liquor gets blamed all the time for stuff it did not do...sometimes it is just a vehicle/courage to say and/or do things that you wanted to say/do but "Manners, Family Peace, PC..." stopped you.

Replies

• Liquor gets blamed all the time for stuff it did not do...sometimes it is just a vehicle/courage to say and/or do things that you wanted to say/do but "Manners, Family Peace, PC..." stopped you.

Funny! Hope all is well with the family and you.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    :) thing is.....crazy Aunt Dee always gets reinvited. I say.......It is what it is. I love all my crazy relatives. Drunk or not. I never lost much sleep over what someone else said or did. Maybe that is just me, but I doubt it. ;)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,352 Member
    Usually the "crazy" relative is my husband, and he doesn't need alcohol.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Oh does that bring back some memories mostly funny! And don't be too hard on yourself we have to let loose sometimes.
  • that is why I quit drinking, I was always the crazy Aunt Dee.