Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Any reason your calorie goal is 800?
  • JennATC
    Options
    You really shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories, at least not on a regular basis. Also, what your eating could be part of the problem, it looks like a lot of carbs and sugar and not much protein.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I agree eat more protein and up those calories to no less than 1200 calories a day. You are eating way too little...

Food is not your enemy...you need it to fuel your body.

Eat healthy foods and drink your water...
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Yeah..eating too little and nothing but crap..oh wait..there was an apple in there somewhere.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi i would like some insight on my calories a day. I have increased my calories some as i think i have reached a plateau, im sure its becuz i wasnt eating enough, just dont wanna gain weight. plz give me your insight... Thanks :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/cowgirllisa86

Insight incoming...

Stop eating crap, and start fueling your body with whole foods.
    700-800 calories is just silly.

(Disclaimer- I leave my diary open so I can give this advice, feel free to critique it)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I suggest a more radical approach, but only if youare comfortable with it.

Fast for 20 hours and eat for four hours, 1200 min calories. Do this for 2 weeks, first week will be water rentension next week will be flushing and then get back on to your regular schedule. This MAY (not 100%) shock the body and allow you to continue your weight loss.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Is 800 your increased goal? No wonder you've hit a plateau, your body is starving for energy.

Get rid of that custom goal and do what MFP tells you.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How about logging everything you eat? or do you really skip breakfast/lunch and/or dinner that often? If you do, I'd recommend changing that first. Once you have the logging down, then focus on cooking more at home, rather than fast food. It'll be better for you and your family =)

Otherwise, I'd say your calories are all over the place and generally unhealthy food and high in sodium.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Fast for 20 hours and eat for four hours, 1200 min calories. Do this for 2 weeks, first week will be water rentension next week will be flushing and then get back on to your regular schedule. This MAY (not 100%) shock the body and allow you to continue your weight loss.
    :noway: If you're joking, I don't think this is the time or place for it..
  • TigressPat
    Options
    You eat nothing but crap. 500 calories on some days and all of it from cookies, french fries, ice cream, and candy bars???
    Is this for real? Can anyone actually be so asinine?
  • roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    agree with this. i dont eat much either so i cant say anything about the amount of cals u are eating but you should eat more nutritous food
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

This is actually a practice called Intermittent Fasting, or IF, for short. Some people do it a couple times a week, some do it everyday, some do it once a week. But it's an honest answer and one that can actually help stimulate the body to lose again, the same with any of the various plateau breaking methods. The trick is to make sure that you are consuming the right amount of calories and doing it in a healthy way, not just cramming down a bunch of crappy foods. So veggies, lean protein, complex carbs, etc. the same as if you were eating throughout the day.

If you think about the number of folks that refuse to eat after 6pm, then they prolly don't eat breakfast again until 6 or 7am the next morning, that's already 12-13 hours of not eating and people endorse that hand over fist. This is just a few more hours before eating again. :)
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

This is actually a practice called Intermittent Fasting, or IF, for short. Some people do it a couple times a week, some do it everyday, some do it once a week. But it's an honest answer and one that can actually help stimulate the body to lose again, the same with any of the various plateau breaking methods. The trick is to make sure that you are consuming the right amount of calories and doing it in a healthy way, not just cramming down a bunch of crappy foods. So veggies, lean protein, complex carbs, etc. the same as if you were eating throughout the day.

If you think about the number of folks that refuse to eat after 6pm, then they prolly don't eat breakfast again until 6 or 7am the next morning, that's already 12-13 hours of not eating and people endorse that hand over fist. This is just a few more hours before eating again. :)
    Would it be appropriate for someone that is consuming next to no calories each day, though? We're not talking about busting a plateau here.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Not sure. Though, it could work in introducing the larger number of daily calories more quickly into the diet. I know that, for me, if I up calories too quickly I gain even though I'm in a deficit. But when I've done IF days I always end up losing even keepin my calories at the same amount. So it's possible that it could get more calories in her diet and keep the weight maintained at least, until she transitioned into spreading the calories through the day.

But that's all wild speculation just based on personal experience and nothing from actual studies or science. But I may try it the next time I up calories for myself. Lol