Does anyone steal your thunder?

Options

Replies

• Demwitted
    Options
    My brother is a thunder-stealer. He does it to everyone. His lame thunder-stealing attempts rarely make much sense.

Example: My Dad has worked in public education in the same area all his life. People in the area know and respect him. He tells us at dinner one night that he thinks he might run for school board when he retires in a few years. Mom and I say that is a wonderful idea. My brother (who is not known and respected to my knowledge and I would be really surprised if he was) interrupts with "well, I'm going to run for state congress. I'm going to go up there and crack some skulls." (which, of course, is not called congress, but the legislature... and I'm pretty sure campaign promises to commit assault and battery are generally frowned upon).

.... I can't stand that guy most of the time. Sadly, I think there's at least one in every family.

Also, you do look lovely.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    are you mocking me?

You were being serious? :indifferent:

not really, i'm drunk..
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    are you mocking me?

not really, i'm drunk..

Thank heavens, I was about to call YOU out.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    are you mocking me?

i'm ****ing confused! About the divorce and her pregnancy?? YES.. dead serious. :noway: :indifferent:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    are you mocking me?

not really, i'm drunk..

Thank heavens, I was about to call YOU out.

no more gorda.. i like that!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    So I announced I'm getting a divorce, my sister announces she's pregnant. :grumble:

How dare she!

she's a *****! she always does that!!

My goodness. How many children does she have?

this will be her 2nd..

are you mocking me?

No!
  • Jorra
    Options
    are you mocking me?

i'm ****ing confused! About the divorce and her pregnancy?? YES.. dead serious. :noway: :indifferent:

Well I hope you don't think that she got pregnant or announced her good news to the family just to ruin your moment in the divorcee spotlight. That would be silly.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    are you mocking me?
    Well I hope you don't think that she got pregnant or announced her good news to the family just to ruin your moment in the divorcee spotlight. That would be silly.
    Unless the identity of the father is like super intriguing!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    um no. i don't.. i was joking.. but that's how it happened.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    are you mocking me?

yeah, well she's a *kitten* not a *kitten* EEL!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    are you mocking me?
    I was referring to it being silly. If that were case, it would be silly. Get it? Never implied anything else. Settle down...
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    are you mocking me?
    I was referring to it being silly. If that were case, it would be silly. Get it? Never implied anything else. Settle down...

i knew what you were saying.. i was being sarcastic. sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    are you mocking me?

i knew what you were saying.. i was being sarcastic. sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Y'all are stealing the OP's thunda thread..................
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    So yeah, back to the original poster!

I experience this with one "friend" and I just ignore her. Every time I share a victory (smaller pants size) she has to remind me that she has a size 0 body with no shape at all and that is much better than my size 6 behind I guess. It irks me but I ignore her as best I can.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    are you mocking me?

Y'all are stealing the OP's thunda thread..................

this made me crack up... i am huh.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you guys, some people are meant for the ignore.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Not when it comes to compliments...but my sister always outdoes my Christmas/Birthday presents.

One year I got my mom a cute pendant and socks...she made them a CD slideshow of family memories. Another year I framed a family picture of us all cute and whatnot, and she sew together a blanket for her. -__-

:grumble:
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Jorra
    Options
    Not when it comes to compliments...but my sister always outdoes my Christmas/Birthday presents.

One year I got my mom a cute pendant and socks...she made them a CD slideshow of family memories. Another year I framed a family picture of us all cute and whatnot, and she sew together a blanket for her. -__-

:grumble:

Did she know what you were doing ahead of time? I wouldn't consider any of those presents better than another one. They all sound like very sweet gifts.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I think I saw the thundah over here! *swipes wildly with a butterfly net*....