losing weight around the holidays

Options
So I always hear that the average american gains around 8lbs during Nov/Dec. I think i was part of that trend for many years. Im going to confess that ive been losing slower than ever. It has been harder, so much food everywhere all the time. But i vowed i would not gain weight this holiday season. I told myself i would lose even if it was slowly but i would lose! Have you been succesful? Are you still losing or do you find yourself gaining?

Replies

• ClassicGirl79
    ClassicGirl79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This Thanksgiving I got frighteningly close to a number on the scale I don't even want to think about, much less admit to! The good news is that it "scared me straight," so to speak, and I've gone down 3.5 since then! I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the holidays - I think my game plan is to not snack, but not get too worked up over my meals. I'm traveling this year, which will make it difficult, but I think making sure I log, log, log will help!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm diligently logging every thing AHEAD of time...I'm planning everything and allow myself snacks and "goodies" BUT only where they fit. That way I don't feel like I'm denying myself holiday treats, just staying ahead of the game and in control.