Are they good for you..

Monda
Monda Posts: 271 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I am new to the site and am struggling with balancing all of my nutrients. Has anyone tried the slim fast shakes and are they good for you?

Replies

• Monda
    I am new to the site and am struggling with balancing all of my nutrients. Has anyone tried the slim fast shakes and are they good for you?
  • my mom used to drink those all the time and she lost a lot of weight. she gained it all back though when she switched to starbucks coffees... so don't do that! i'm not sure how good they are for you and i never liked them but i'm pretty picky. good luck:smile:
  • I would just make sure to watch the sugar amounts on them... the low carb ones are great when you're too busy to make a meal!
  • They are full of sugar! I am into my 4th week of "no sugar"...and slim-fast is something I'm missing terribly. I use to take milk, chocolate powdered slim fast, a spoon full of peanut butter and ice and blend ....delicious!!!!
  • Monda
    Thanks guys. I am looking for something to help me stay in balance. I have only been at this for a week and I am afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. I will be devistated if I have not lost anything after trying to hard this week. Some days my protein would be high, or fat too low or carbs to high. I just can't figure out how to balance those suckers..LOL
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    I don't care for the shakes, but I love some of the Optima meal bars and snack bars. The Optima Peanut Butter Crunch snack bars taste just like a butterfinger, only 120 calories, YUM!
  • Monda
    I know. I have one beside me right now and unsure if I should eat it or not. I am not really hungry, I just really really want it. HA! HA!
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    The slim fast optima shakes are good, and they really do control hunger for just about 4 hours. They have protein, vitamins and 18grams of sugar per shake, are 190 calories each. They are good if you are on the go or need something quick. Just watch the sugar and don't rely entirely on them.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    I love them. I'm not on the slim fast diet, but I do keep the shake mix in my cabinet for those days I don't have time to make anything.

I also ONLY by the shake mixes so that I can use less of the mix. I use half a scoop instead of a whole scoop and just grab a banana or other piece of fruit to go with it. It cuts down on the sugar and (I think) it tastes better too. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    I love the Slim Fast shakes. Blend up the chocolate with a frozen banana or the strawberry with frozen blueberries. Awesome breakfast a few days per week for me.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    I also ONLY by the shake mixes so that I can use less of the mix. I use half a scoop instead of a whole scoop and just grab a banana or other piece of fruit to go with it. It cuts down on the sugar and (I think) it tastes better too. :bigsmile: :drinker:
    [/quote]

I do the same thing and it works great for something quick!
  • Monda
    I have never tried blending them up with fruit. That sounds good. I think I will start adding them into my daily plan. Thanks a bunch! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.