Eating Out Ideas

Options
Anyone have some good suggestions for eating out and maybe even fast foods? I like McDonalds Side salad without dressing. It's the best fast food side salad I've found.

Replies

• phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some good suggestions for eating out and maybe even fast foods? I like McDonalds Side salad without dressing. It's the best fast food side salad I've found.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Applebee's weight watchers menu. Always check the website's of places you want to eat and plan ahead.

Lynnie
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Since you like McDonald's: their Southwest Salad with grilled chicken and southwest dressing is only like 400 calories and is quite yummy and filling. Plus, I never need the whole packet of dressing for the salad, so you can save a few calories with that. (the whole packet is only 100 calories)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds southwest chicken salad is pretty good, and you can have the dressing, it isn't that high in calories. In fact half the packet is plenty for me so that's half the calories of what it says. The grilled chicken snack wrap probably isn't too bad either....maybe without sauce tho on that one.

Arbys used to have this AWESOME salad called the marthas vineyard salad.....it had grilled chicken, lettuce, dried cranberries, a little shredded cheese and raspberry viniagrette.....I think the whole thing had less than 400 calories including dressing. Last I checked they didn't have it anymore, but sometimes they bring food back on occasion.

Even taco bell has some healtheir choices. The regular crunch taco is only 170 calories (less than the soft taco which is like 180 or 190 I think). If I have enough calories and fat leftover I will also get a nachos supreme I think it is....the smaller one, not the nachos bel grande. Or to be even better, order them all fresco style which really is not that bad and is pretty decent on calories for being taco bell.
  • phed0017
    Options
    Hey guys don't get too hung up on McDonalds, I really appreciate this info but would be interested in hearing about other places too :)
  • phed0017
    Options
    Oh thanks Amy!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's. They have a Chicken Mandarin salad which if you don't eat the chinese noodles or roasted almonds (separate little packs, just don't take them) it is only 350 calories or even with it is 540 calories. Sometimes I sprinkle on a few almonds or use half the dressing packet then all the almonds.
    They also have Chicken Ceasar salad and grilled chicken sandwiches, baked potatoes, chili.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    I was impressed the other day with Mr. Goodcents. They have new "Satisfiers," which are about 4 inch sandwiches on multigrain bread. Most were only 175 or so calories with standard dress and no cheese. I had mine with a cup of soup and was plenty full. All nutrition info is on their website too -- but the Satisfiers (with calories) are under "Promotions" and not under the regular menu/nutrition info...
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    TGI Friday's has a really great selection now of low cal entrees that are big on taste. Their Shrimp skewers with broccoli are only a little over 200 calories and filling. If you are looking to splurge a little but not go totally overboard they have their signature Jack Daniel's Chicken that is fantabulous for a little over 500 calories. They have a whole section of right price right portion or something like that, that are 500 or less and I think 10 grams of fat or less.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's. They have a Chicken Mandarin salad which if you don't eat the chinese noodles or roasted almonds (separate little packs, just don't take them) it is only 350 calories or even with it is 540 calories. Sometimes I sprinkle on a few almonds or use half the dressing packet then all the almonds.
    They also have Chicken Ceasar salad and grilled chicken sandwiches, baked potatoes, chili.

I <3 this salad! I hate wendy's for the most part but this salad rocks!
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    Some ideas for healthier fast food choices:
    Arby's ~Santa Fe salad w/ grilled chicken (no dressing needed)
    Burger King ~tendergrill chicken sandwich (hold the mayo)/ side garden salad (fat free ranch dressing)
    Carl's Junior ~charbroiled BBQ chicken sandwich/side salad (w/ lowfat balsamic dressing)
    Dairy Queen ~DQ original burger/side salad (no dressing) and you can add a DQ fudge bar for an extra 50 calories!
    Kentucky Fried Chicken ~roasted caesar salad(no dressing and no croutons) or w/ fat free ranch dressing
    Long John Silver's ~2 pieces baked cod w/ 2 corn cobbettes
    Pizza Hut ~2 slices fit n' delicious pepper, onion and tomato pizza w/ salad bar (one trip!!)
    Quizno's ~balsamic chicken flatbread sammie w/ side chopped salad (w/ fat free dressing) and 1 bag baked chips
    Subway ~6 inch veggie delite sub w/ pepperjack cheese/ 10 oz. bowl spanish chicken and rice soup and 1 pkg. apple slices
    Taco Bell ~fresco ranchero chicken soft taco or fresco bean burrito

These are all in the 350 to 500 calorie range per meal
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    Some ideas for healthier fast food choices:
    Arby's ~Santa Fe salad w/ grilled chicken (no dressing needed)
    Burger King ~tendergrill chicken sandwich (hold the mayo)/ side garden salad (fat free ranch dressing)
    Carl's Junior ~charbroiled BBQ chicken sandwich/side salad (w/ lowfat balsamic dressing)
    Dairy Queen ~DQ original burger/side salad (no dressing) and you can add a DQ fudge bar for an extra 50 calories!
    Kentucky Fried Chicken ~roasted caesar salad(no dressing and no croutons) or w/ fat free ranch dressing
    Long John Silver's ~2 pieces baked cod w/ 2 corn cobbettes
    Pizza Hut ~2 slices fit n' delicious pepper, onion and tomato pizza w/ salad bar (one trip!!)
    Quizno's ~balsamic chicken flatbread sammie w/ side chopped salad (w/ fat free dressing) and 1 bag baked chips
    Subway ~6 inch veggie delite sub w/ pepperjack cheese/ 10 oz. bowl spanish chicken and rice soup and 1 pkg. apple slices
    Taco Bell ~fresco ranchero chicken soft taco or fresco bean burrito

These are all in the 350 to 500 calorie range per meal
  • phed0017
    Options
    These are great ideas guys! Anyone have any 200 calorie ideas?
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Chilis has a great guiltless section.

We ate at Applebees yesterday and we both got a ww entree, both were great and entire plate was 330 cal
  • phed0017
    Options
    Hey Lynn, I went to Applebees tonight and I had the grilled chili-lime chicken salad. It a spinach salad with lowfat chees and grilled chicken and this great lowfat lime chill dressing that I enjoyed so much! OMG I just looked it up, just 250 calories and I was satisfied! I also saw the movie, "He just not that into you" and it was soooo good for any movie buffs. Thanks for the advice. I had a great time with my salad and water and felt like, hey I can go out to eat too! Thanks again.
  • calico
    Options
    I found a great book called "Eat This, Not That". It has all of the popular restaurants and fast food places in the book with suggestions on what to eat there.. and what not to eat there. I found it extremely helpful. Every time I run out the door to get food, I always check it first!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hey Lynn, I went to Applebees tonight and I had the grilled chili-lime chicken salad. It a spinach salad with lowfat chees and grilled chicken and this great lowfat lime chill dressing that I enjoyed so much! OMG I just looked it up, just 250 calories and I was satisfied! I also saw the movie, "He just not that into you" and it was soooo good for any movie buffs. Thanks for the advice. I had a great time with my salad and water and felt like, hey I can go out to eat too! Thanks again.

I"m glad you had a good time and some good food! I think once you become aware of what you are eating, and realize that you HAVE to eat and CAN enjoy eating it becomes much easier to lose weight. Now if I can always practice what I preach, although my problem is starving heavy girl syndrome I don't eat enough sometimes... but I digress....
    I went to Columbus Fish Market for Valentine's day. I was worried that the girl was going to get tired of me having her box up at least half my meal...but the portions were HUGE and soo yummy.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Here is a website that has Nutrition Facts for the 497 Restaurants:
    http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp#T
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the "Guiltless" thing at Chili's. I checked out their website last time I went and you can still really rack up the calories. Best to leave off any sauces they offer and bear in mind that the portion sizes are crazy.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I had chili's Guiltless Grill Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (386 cals) and steamed veggies (70 cals) and it was so good. I really enjoyed it and it hit the spot, seeing as how I love spicy food. Being able to eat out for 456 calories is not bad at all.