Kindle book sharing

maura5880
maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
Soo, wondering if any other Kindle users out there wanted to share/lend books back & forth? I just got mine last week, only have 2 books so far--but I thought I'd see if any peeps on here wanted to share w/each other?

:bigsmile:

Replies

• I just ordered mine, but when it comes and I get some books I am all for sharing. :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    i have an e-book reader, is that the same thing?

p.s. there are a lot of free books online you can download :)
  • Set up an acct@ amazon and download all the freebies you can get. some are good, others, well.... they get deleted. I love my kindle. Especially when it's treadmill time. I enlarge the font and walk/run for ages!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    I have had mine for 1 year and have about 200 books. I'll have to see which ones I can share. Check out your local library, as well. You can get ebooks from libraries now. It's easy to do, only thing is you only have two weeks and then the book is no longer yours and I don't think you can renew it.
    Friend me and I'll check on the books I have..love my kindle!
    Also check out ereaderiq.com..they will email you a list of books everyday that are free or if there is a certain book they can send you an email when the price goes down.

Tracy
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    I have mucho books on my kindle, many of them I downloaded for free. Will put some type of list up shortly..
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    There are lots of places where you can get free downloads, but be aware they are full of typos. Most of the free books were done by volunteers and apparently not proof read very carefully.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
    http://books.google.com/ebooks?as_brr=5&q=free+ebooks&as_sub=&oq=free+e
    www.free-ebooks.net/
    www.ebookoutpost.com

most of the books I put on my Kindle are freebies. I want to read and./ or reread some classics before I start buying books. I have bought a few current event non-fiction books. Not sure how to share those.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Soo, wondering if any other Kindle users out there wanted to share/lend books back & forth? I just got mine last week, only have 2 books so far--but I thought I'd see if any peeps on here wanted to share w/each other?

Aww...I didn't know Kindle users could share books too..Here I was feeling superior with my Nook...:grumble: :laugh:
  • So, so many books on the kindle. Only needed to buy one thus far, and that was the complete Sherlock Holmes collection for $3.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member

Aww...I didn't know Kindle users could share books too..Here I was feeling superior with my Nook...:grumble: :laugh:

Kindle is playing catch up, and they always will....the Nook Tablet, even though I will not buy it because it's restrictive and hard to root, is still far superior (like by leaps and bounds) to the Fire...speed, screen, walled garden, etc.

I'll stick with my Rooted Nook Color for a while.