Pink Method

Options
So I was watching Dr. Phil and the show was about the Pink Method. Basically an exercise and nutrition program to help you lose weight fast. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like a combination of tracking calories online just like MFP and work out videos...save your money!
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like a combination of tracking calories online just like MFP and work out videos...save your money!

I agree!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/407384-p-i-n-k-method

Eating right and exercising is working really well for me - and it's free.

And I don't have to wear an ugly velour track suit with a stupid word pasted across my fat *kitten*.

:flowerforyou:
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It looks like a workout video I would like to try, but not worth the $79.99 + tax + $12.95 shipping to Canada for a workout video. 30 day shred cost me $10 and MFP is free! You don't need to spend that kind of money to lose weight and get in shape.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil is not licensed to practice any kind of medicine. He used to be a psychologist before becoming Oprah's pet. He is not qualified to promote any kind of diet beyond a celebrity spokesmodel role.

I'm gonna stick with what works and what is free.
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, free is always nice. LoL! And MFP definitely works. So I just need to suck it up and put in the hard work.....and eventually be able to tell my success story. ;)
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on The Dr's. It seems SO exciting, but don't they all?

Part of it looks kind of like Tae-Bo and the other is what you can do with just some other DVD's or even Jillian's 30 day shred.

That price? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
  • It looks like a workout video I would like to try, but not worth the $79.99 + tax + $12.95 shipping to Canada for a workout video. 30 day shred cost me $10 and MFP is free! You don't need to spend that kind of money to lose weight and get in shape.

Agreed.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It its definatly the same as MFP but it costs an arm and a leg to be a part of it. Stick with MFP for your diet and go to a gym or work out at home for your exercise...you will loose the same if not more weight then you do on the pink method...plus they have all sorts of rules and meal plans...noone really sticks to those!
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    FYI.... It is supposed to be on Doctor Oz today, Wednesday 11/30/11...
  • mrsskinny629
    mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    and not to mention it promotes RAPID weight loss which isn't healthy ...

I was looking at getting it too until I sat back and realized it's probably just another fad diet.
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil's show about the Pink Method is what led me to this website. I looked at their website and came to the conclusion it was pretty pricey and probably no different than other exercise/diet plans. While googling for reviews, someone mentioned this website. Voila, I joined yesterday. So the Pink Method was good for something!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil's show about the Pink Method is what led me to this website. I looked at their website and came to the conclusion it was pretty pricey and probably no different than other exercise/diet plans. While googling for reviews, someone mentioned this website. Voila, I joined yesterday. So the Pink Method was good for something!

YAY!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil lost his license as a psychologist in California for improper business dealings with a client. His license is "retired" which pretty much makes his calling himself "Doctor" pointless. And as a former psychologist he has no more credibility as an exercise or diet expert than I do, or anyone else on these forums. He's good at self promotion though, I'll give him that. Save your money.