Need some motivation

Options
I have never done this (message boards), but I always read them & get so many ideas and support...I figured I would give it a try. So, earlier this year I weighed 282 pounds, I had lost about 20 pounds before I found MFP (which I love), since then I have lost another 35 pounds. I had a total of 112 pounds to lose, so at this point I am at exactly the half way point. Since I still weigh 226 pounds that is hardly small & looking at myself and still being this big, it is hard to be excited or motivated to lose the additional 56. Any tips from people who have gotten over that hump or lost a bunch of weight, but still have so much farther to go. Please help keep me motivated/on-track/positive about this process. I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a total of 70lbs to lose. I have lost 33 so far. Even though 33 is a great number, I am still a long way from my goal weight. Whenever I feel demotivated thinking about how much further I have to go, I ask myself "what is the alternative?". Really, the only alternative is to stop eating healthy and gain it all back. And I know that while having to lose 37 more lbs is not going to be fun, the alternative of gaining it all back is just not an option. Hope this helps.
  • allykattt
    Options
    Thank you...that does help. It is definitely not an option for me to gain my 56 pounds back, so gotta keep on moving in the right direction & taking it one step at a time. :smooched: