UNDERWEAR DILEMMA!!!

This question is aimed at the ladies!

I have literally just this second purchased a VERY tight fitting nude bodycon Pencil dress.. Its looks lovely apart from my tummy :( Now I know this can be solved with magic knickers and I have some but the roll down and they are also the kind hat would give me mega VPL.

Can anybody recommend some good ones that will flatten my tummy, not roll down and wont give me unsightly bulges in the bottom/thigh area

Thanks

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I know this is directed at women, but here is a male POV. Commando? G-String?

If either is not worth considering, know that VPL's are actually considered attractive to some persons.

That's all I got without calling on my wit and you seem serious. Hope it works out. I'm sure you'll look lovely with whatever choice you make.
  • You should buy a pair of tights (thats what they're called in the UK.. not sure the american term)
    that have a built in tummy-tucking magic knicker part.
    I had a pair and it makes a smooth shape right from your feet to below your boobies. :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    what about some sort of full body compression wear?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I say commando - it won't fix the tummy issue, but I'd rather have a tummy issue than have the VPL's (and they're pretty serious VPL's with those) from a body shaper - both the ones that roll up/down and the ones that look like a 1-piece swim suit....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I don't know if you have them in England but spanx are a godsend to smooth out lines.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Oh my god I had this EXACT problem!

Ok, I don't know where you are based but there are some great ones from Marks and Spencers

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Ultimate-Magic-Define-Waist-Cincher/dp/B003TUBPWK?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_23&nodeId=309701031&sr=1-23&qid=1313219023

That I Swear by. Also the equivalent in the tights are the best thing. If you're going to be wearing tights, then wear the sucky-in tights, no tights go for the sucky in knickers.

If you wear both you run the risk of the gusset of your tights being round your knees in about an hour!

http://lrd2010.blogspot.com/2011/08/problem-with-shapewear.html (my rant)

I've found that spanks are pretty good too, but they're long legged and i have chunky thighs so they tend to look like i have a string tied round them like a bit of beef.
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    i got some amazing ones from marks and spencer - they are nude in colour and cover your thighs and tummy. I know what you mean about the roll down at the top. - look for a pair with what looks like a 'sticky' strip on the inside at the top. This helps to stop the involuntary undressing!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Spanx are awesome!! I'm sure you can find them online (not sure what stores sell them).
  • If you can get your hands on a pair where you are, pick up some spanx. they have them in all sorts of lengths, from just "big undies" to full suits. they're specifically made not to roll and you can get some that go from your boobs down to mid-thigh. you can (and should) wear them w/o undies under them. I swear by them. they flatten/tuck and no VPLs!
  • Barbara76
    Barbara76 Posts: 2 Member
    You may want to try a tummy shrinking cami instead. This is what I have http://www.maidenform.com/shapewear/styles/body-briefers/flexees-fat-free-dressing-romper-with-boyshort-2677
  • mvelazquez07
    mvelazquez07 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the Dr. Ray shape wear that is high waisted and goes to mid thigh and I also have a victoria's secret one that has a high waist and is a thong so no VPL. Both are a little spendy but completely worth the cost- no rolling or bulging! Another idea is a shaper that is like a skirt- I've never used one but it might work.
  • Spanx are awesome!! I'm sure you can find them online (not sure what stores sell them).

lanebryant and torrid both sell them online, not sure if there is a UK version/availability, however.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'd rather go up a size and wear it fitted instead of skin tight, and have a little more wiggle room. Because I like to wiggle! :smile:
  • Go commando .. or buy a pair of spanx. Bought some for my prom dress.. and believe me, they're a godsend.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    there are all sorts of undergarments for this, I have seen full slips that have control for the tummy. or even spanx. Check your department stores lingerie departments and try a few different items on.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 147 Member
    Spanx are awesome!! I'm sure you can find them online (not sure what stores sell them).

I bought mine online from QVC - they arrived really quickly and if you don't like them you can always send them back for a refund.
    Don't forget to post some piccys of your dress!
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    There really is no such thing as far as I'm concerned. HOWEVER, a cheaper alternative (and a friend of mine used to do this in college) is pantyhose. If you're not keen on having the hose on your legs, or you'd just rather have bare legs, cut the legs out (like she did). You can cut them down the leg as far as you want! If you want to slim the outer thighs, just cut them long enough down the leg to cover that area. The hose may "run," but that doesn't matter cause no one will see them. OR, if you don't want them to run, use a little clear nail polish around the cut-line to keep them from running. Just be sure to get hose that come up far enough that they won't roll down. On the up-side, if you do this, you don't have to worry about wearing panties... thus, no panty-line. Hope that helps!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Spanx please...
  • This is the reason I lOVE MFP!! So many options. I have heard of Spanx and yes we get them in the UK so I may have to them

M&S is also a good option!! Thanks girls.. and the odd guy lol xx
  • This is the reason I lOVE MFP!! So many options. I have heard of Spanx and yes we get them in the UK so I may have to them

M&S is also a good option!! Thanks girls.. and the odd guy lol xx