How often do you train?

Options
I try to train 3 to 4 times a week at the gym.
I was wondering... in my old life that was plenty. Reading here, I see that people seem to train a lot more often.

How often do you train per week with these crazy life of ours?
I am a divorce mom, so time is precious and not always available...

Replies

• andreacord
    Options
    I used to do six days a week. Now I do 4-5 .. college student and middle of exams , so it's mega difficult. 6 am and on my way there now because guarenteed the rest of my day will be homework.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I workout 4-5 days/week (2-3 strength training, and 2 cardio) for 30 minutes/session.
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try and do 5 days a week. I am lucky enough to have the gym a block away from my office so I try and go on my lunch break.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I try to get to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. Most weeks I can do it, but other weeks it just doesn't happen. I go early in the morning, before work and since my children are teenagers, they don't need my help in the morning to get to school.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Do what suits your lifestyle now and for the long term because that's what matters. I can only manage twice a week and I'm doing fine. I also know that I'll still keep it at that level when I reach my target weight.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I used to do 2-4 times a week at the gym, and try and do p90x on around half of the other days. That worked fine, but I much preferred the gym so as soon as I had the time to go more often I did.

Now I train at the gym 5 days a week Mon-Fri and have the weekends off.
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    I exercise 2 to 3 times a day, I have an exercise bike at home. I tend to do Monday to Friday and no exercise at the weekend.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym at least 3 times a week and do exercise at home x4 30DS at the moment. I have an active job where I am on my feet for 11hours plus so I feel this is enough. I do other bits such as weights that I dont log, Good luck x
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, religiously. I feel so much better when I get some exercise in.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days a week with 1 day of rest
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 times a week depending on my schedule, and take weekends off.
  • Between school full time & 20+ hours a week at work, I have barely enough time to go 3-4 days a week for 90ish minutes. I'm fortunate enough to have a job at the gym, so I can squeeze in mini workouts while I work.
  • castielsangelx
    Options
    I'm trying to aim for 4-5 a week. I also do Zumba and running too. :)
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    3 days of strength, 5 days cardio. I take tues/thurs off.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I try to be as flexible as possible, but will usually workout in some way 5-6 times a week. Usually 3-4 days of running since I'm working on a marathon in March and a couple of days of weights either in the gym or at home, more often at the gym.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I started with 3 days a week. Now i'm doing a 3 day split routine and only lifting weights.
    In March I'll add cardio 3 times a week to cut.
  • lorileigh73
    lorileigh73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gym = 3-4 times a week
    Cardio at home (run) = 2-3 times a week
    Mom of 5, full time job. Very very busy. So I am fortunate my gym is at my work. I go early in the morning or right after my shift. Sometimes during lunch. I think you really need to fit at least 3 cardio workouts in and 2 circuit workouts in a week.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was doing 5 - 6 days a week. Now that I'm training for a 10K I do 4 x week.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I shoot for a full workout (light strength training and 45-60 min aerobics) 5-6 days, but I don't always make it. I try to fit in at least 30 min of calesthenics every day, even if it's in 10 min intervals.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I am a divorce mom, so time is precious and not always available...

Same boat here. I do try to train 6 days a week, 2-3 strength days and 5 cardio work outs, with at least 4 of my workouts before my kids wake up. (I get the gym at 5:15 am) But the important thing is I do what I can. Don't beat yourself up if you can't find the time for more, but be mindful of the wasted time you might be able to use. Get up and dance with your kids during commercials or have a plank contest with them (just a warning, my 11 year old kicked my tail when we did one. He held it for over 4 mins. I was done just over 1 min. :grumble: )

Good luck to you!