Sugar addict...help!

Options
2»

Replies

• CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Haha....I actuallt had this same problem but with Nutella....

I was putting that stuff on everything grain and even eating right out of the Jar.....I mean copious spoonfuls of the stuff (so ashamed). I would go through one big jar a week...

Oh man, nutella is my achilles heel. Can't buy it anymore!
  • retnurse
    retnurse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with cutting back or cutting out sugar is the best way to beat the sugar craving.
    Honey is a good substitute, but of course needs to be restricted as well. I'm not sure what honey tastes like in coffee, but just a little in hot tea is satisfying. It still has calories so has to be counted.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Try Truvia, it's very sweet, more than sugar and it's not filled with chemicals! That what I use in my morning cup-o-joe! :happy:
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I worked my way down from 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon over the course of a couple of months. Don't do it too quickly. But your taste buds will definitely adjust. You may also try brewing your coffee less strong to help you adjust.

I don't like any of the artificial sweeteners - some of them give my husband raging headaches, so cutting down the real stuff seemed the best option for us.

Good luck!