Wii Fit

Options
Does anyone do this? If you do, how do you calculate it for the Exercise?

Replies

• vipersgirl28
    Options
    Does anyone do this? If you do, how do you calculate it for the Exercise?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I post the aerobic exercises as general aerobics (although low intensity - unless you have progressed to more advanced games), yoga poses as yoga, and the strength training as strength. I only use the time the fit has told me I have used (rather than how long in actual time) because there is a lot of instruction and empty time between exercises.

I haven't figured out what to log the balance games as. They are not aerobic or strength, and don't even really reach the level of callisthenics (sp?), but are really good for your core strength.

Would be happy to know what others do.

Thanks for posting.. jb
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor when I play on it. It takes me about 2 to 2 1/2 hours (real time) to burn 600 calories. That's about an hour and a half wii fit time. I generally do 2 or 3 aerobic things, then 2 or 3 strenght training exercises, then back to the aerobic stuff and repeat. Then I finish up with trying to beat the kids' and DH's high scores on the balance games. Sometimes I'll do the yoga poses, but I don't wear my HRM while doing those, I count that as stretching.
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    Thank you. that helps a lot. :happy:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good to know I enter my wii fit workout the same way as janiebeth I also haven't figured out what to put balance games under if anyone figures it out let me know:smile:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I enter the time for my strength exercises and Yoga under Yoga since the strength exercises involve stretching like Yoga. I use the different running exercises and list the Island laps under running/jogging in place. The free run I actually log under jogging and put in my time chosing the option for how many miles per hour I ran since the free run shows you the distance in miles. As far as the balance games go I don't count them.

Wii Outdoor Adventure has way more opportunity for fun cardio activities. If you get a chance check that out!
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    I use mine, but don't count it. I use it as a bonus on top of my daily routine. I find it's a great way to burn a few calories, but I cannot solely use it as it takes me 45 min to do 20 min of exercise.