Inspiration

Options
Hi MFP'ers. I joined in 2009 and went through a phase of weight loss then injury (knee) then lately illness. I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow and the exercise seems to help me feel better. Endorphins and all that. I really would like some motivation from my pals right now and would love to get back in contact.

I started exercising again 2wks ago and was doing Hip Hop Abs. I realise that this time round I was using up less energy than I'd like to and thus the calorie burn is lower. I have an FT4 Polar HRM and I believe it is pretty accurate. Yesterday I started doing C25K and I've done 2days in a row. I am in my fat burn zone for 20mins out of the 30 which is a lot better for me. My body aches a little but I must press on. I feel the knee injury still when I run. Has anyone any suggestions on how to strengthen my joints especially the injured knee? Just downloaded One Fifty Dips as my triceps are horrendous at the moment. :cry:

Are there any other workouts that you guys know that expels a lot of energy? I have Insanity but will get back to that when I am at my utmost best health-wise. I am doing well on the food front. It has always been a lot simpler to manage than the workouts.

Anyway, just reaching out and reintroducing myself. Speak to you guys soon. :smile:

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I love anything from jillian Michaels. Try the 30 day shred to start. Tough enough, but you should be able to modify for injuries.
  • heidimarchewitz
    Options
    Hey Girl! I've also heard Jillian Michaels is great. :) I had a baby just over a year ago, then trained for a 1/2 marathon. Still didnt' lose the weight. What worked for me was talking to my Beachbody coach. I ordered the Insanity program through her, coupled with their health shake: Shakeology. I lost 30#'s! I'm HOOKED on the stuff now, and LOVE to tell my friends about it because of what it did for me! I'll be sending you a friend request. That's awesome that you're doing C25k. Are you planning to run a 5k also?
  • HeatherAlderson
    Options
    I am drinking the Body By Vi shakes.. I lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks.. :) I stopped working out & need to get back at it !! I hope all of you reach your goals... I look forward to hearing your stories..