Ideas to keep him busy please!

Options
mommyoftwins05
mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
Hi,

We got invited to do a twin study... Which my twins are excited about. They each get 25.00 for doing it lol. Then the parents get 75 each. But anyways... I have two other kids.. a 9 year old daughter and almost 10 year old son..

My problem is.. the study is 4 1/2 hrs long and the place doesn't have a problem with siblings but we have to bring something to keep them busy. Well my son has major behavior problems (we are trying to get to the bottom of) so I'm nervous on how he will behave. I'm usually pretty good with bringing stuff to keep my kids occupied but its still hard to keep my oldest busy...

so I'm needing ideas of stuff to do... it's going to be a long day! I'm debating on just going myself. But I really don't want to. As I've never been to this college and plus I'm sure the twins would like daddy involved too

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Does he like puzzles or something? My son that is ADHD can get lost in a puzzle or a handheld Yahtzee game for hours
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get a baby sitter. The money you get for doing the study should more than cover the cost.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I second the puzzle comment, very good idea indeed.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    definitely games of some sort. and my kids loved to be read to at that age. does he have any books that might interest him? that is great quality time reading!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    the bk the Hunger Games was really good but idk how much you expose your kids to. it is kind of graphic, my kids are older but they liked it, my son is 11 but his brothers are older so we do older stuff of course.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How about coloring books, small boxes of Lego, books to read together.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    A puzzle is a great idea.. yeah he has ADD... He loves puzzles.. I'm stuffing a bag of stuff!

Here is what I'm thinking so far:

Snacks
    puzzle
    coloring books
    paper
    crayons
    ds lite
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    My friend probably would do it.. But we will be gone a while.. 4 1/2 hrs for the study.. over a hour there and back.. and I just don't trust him to behave that long. Sad but true. so I'm trying to find something that will keep his attention
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My brother is 10 and he has behavior problems too. He also can sit and work on a puzzle forever! Or if the weather is nice, would you and your DH be able to take turns walking around campus with the older kids?

good luck! and that's cool that they are doing a study :)
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    My brother is 10 and he has behavior problems too. He also can sit and work on a puzzle forever! Or if the weather is nice, would you and your DH be able to take turns walking around campus with the older kids?

good luck! and that's cool that they are doing a study :)

I am not sure how the study works.. if we have time or not. I know they will question us and the twins seperately and they also video tape us doing activities with the twins ect. So not sure...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPad or something like that they can take turns on? There are some great educational apps on those (we have a son with autism and he'd be glued to hit for hours if we let him).
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    I have a ipod touch and a smart phone.. I'm thinking about making sure those are pretty charged up.. and let them use those...