Anyone currently doing Insanity?

Options

Replies

• Meesh57
    Meesh57 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2.. I feel like I sat out half of it and my butt is still killing me! I guess it takes time...
    How are you all doing with it?

I felt the same way today! But, they were all getting tired, and even Shaun T stopped for a water break once lol.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2.. I feel like I sat out half of it and my butt is still killing me! I guess it takes time...
    How are you all doing with it?
    I have to take breaks too, and I can't do a push up so I have to modify that part! I just do what I can and don't feel bad about taking a break when I need it!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement :)
    And by the way.. what kind of shoes are y'all using?
    (running shoes don't work for this!)
  • Meesh57
    Options

I've been wearing my Vibram FiveFingers. Been thinking about just trying my Nike Dual Fusions out, but so far I've stuck with the Vibrams.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also doing it! sent round a few invites and feel free to add me anyone else!

Yeah I love that the other participants get their butts kicked!

I'm in my third week and am already doing more pushups than I could in the first week. I skipped the fit test at the beginning of this week because I wanted a longer workout that day and wanted to wait another couple of weeks to test my progress - but can already feel changes, especially in the core.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I've been wearing my Vibram FiveFingers. Been thinking about just trying my Nike Dual Fusions out, but so far I've stuck with the Vibrams.
    Oh and I've used shoes designed for tennis as they're pretty good for combining good cushioning, yet you can also pivot on them (I did TurboFire before Insanity and you need to be able to pivot on the balls of your feet especially with that)
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Thanks! My husband just ordered us both asics cross trainers- hope they'll do the trick!
    Anyone else feeling like they just fell down the stairs? Not sure how it's going to go tonight when I attempt day 3 (hopefully different muscles?)
    I think I win for whiniest poster on this thread :)
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Hi again..
    Question for y'all- anyone still continuing their usual exercise while doing insanity every day?
    Don't want to give up my 2x/week yoga and occasional zumba class. Can I do both?
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i'm planning on starting this, hopefully today!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    i'm planning on starting this, hopefully today!
    Do it! There's no time like the present! I just finished today's workout!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Hi again..
    Question for y'all- anyone still continuing their usual exercise while doing insanity every day?
    Don't want to give up my 2x/week yoga and occasional zumba class. Can I do both?
    I'm not. My exercise before was just calorie burning on the elliptical. However, you could always give it a try! Yoga might be really good to do to help you with muscle soreness!
  • Meesh57
    Options
    Hi again..

I don't have a choice really lol. The Navy has mandatory workouts 3x a week. I did not want to go today, and I definitely did not give it half of what I had. I did not want to do anything to myself and prevent me from being able to keep going with my Insanity workouts.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Anybody doing this with a HRM? Granted I'm a big dude (6' 4" 260) but in 40 minutes of Plyo cardio circuit it claims I burned almost 900 calories. That seems way high. It is properly calibrated... and I was pushing it.

What kind of numbers do you guys see?
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    My son who is 5`10 and 180 lbs burned 780 calories doing plyo cardio circuit.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    My son and I are doing a kind of hybrid. Strength training days he goes to the gym and I do p90x. Cardio days we do Insanity.
  • beeblebrox82
    Options
    My son who is 5`10 and 180 lbs burned 780 calories doing plyo cardio circuit.

Well I suppose that makes sense then. Thanks
  • beeblebrox82
    Options
    My son and I are doing a kind of hybrid. Strength training days he goes to the gym and I do p90x. Cardio days we do Insanity.

Nice! I replaced yoga, plyo and Kenpo in P90x with the main insanity workouts. I love it. Kenpo is dumb.
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Hi again..
    I'm not. My exercise before was just calorie burning on the elliptical. However, you could always give it a try! Yoga might be really good to do to help you with muscle soreness!

It actually is great to get all that extra stretching in! I recommend it!
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Hi again..

I don't have a choice really lol. The Navy has mandatory workouts 3x a week. I did not want to go today, and I definitely did not give it half of what I had. I did not want to do anything to myself and prevent me from being able to keep going with my Insanity workouts.

WOW!!
  • Jezeski
    Options
    I am 44 years old and in the best shape of my life because of insanity. As they say "You just have to hit play everyday". Do what you can!!!! I went from a size 12 to a size 4 in dress pants. How can you not want to see Sean T every morning? (Smiles) If I can do it you sure can.