S.B.F. Challenge. . . Feb 13th. . .

Options
Happy Friday the 13th. . .it's lucky. (If you're Italian, I'm told. . . )

Today is weights/elliptical and a party that will most likely involve sweets (since I volunteered to bring dessert. . .) So, I'm planning on extra cardio to balance that out.

Other than that, plenty of water, limiting both sweets and wine drinking at the party, and getting out into the sunshine. . .hooray sunshine!

Take care!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th. . .it's lucky. (If you're Italian, I'm told. . . )

Today is weights/elliptical and a party that will most likely involve sweets (since I volunteered to bring dessert. . .) So, I'm planning on extra cardio to balance that out.

Other than that, plenty of water, limiting both sweets and wine drinking at the party, and getting out into the sunshine. . .hooray sunshine!

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I messed up a little on the no sweets challenge yesterday. I was making sugar cookies for a party, and I had part of one. I felt foolish giving in, but so it goes.

Did walk/jog/elliptical in the morning and walking in the evening yesterday. Today, I'm going to a viniyoga class, so I can know what to teach next Monday. I have super busy days today and tomorrow, getting ready for the dinner party. My mom says the reason you have parties is to really get your house clean. :tongue:

Have a great workout!

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Morning! Friday the 13th huh? Lol
    Well, I had a good date night. DH took me to have Japanese which we haven't done in over 3 years. It was pretty good. I couldn't eat it all. Then we walked a lot (I was in heels) and then had an apple cider spice from Starbucks which is rare. Probably counts as a sweet. lol
    Today we are going to the library and I need to clean up since I totally slacked off yesterday. Well, I just didn't have time. I also need to do my push ups and sit ups.
    My mother in law is doing well on her treatments! We are all very happy about that. Plus she is sleeping well and is feeling pretty good.
    Alexander finally went to the bathroom so he's in a better mood! Ha ha. So we are all doing pretty good this morning.
    I'd better get to it. I have some catch up cleaning to do. Hope you all have a good day!
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Today is more about running errands than making it to the gym (the gym closes at 7pm because it's a four day week...got to love military posts) and I have things that have to get done today.

So it's off to pay the fence bill (yeah...we have to rent a fence!)
    To the bank to deposit B-day money
    The pet store.
    Pick up whine for tomorrow night (the only place that sells it is in the next town!)
    Pick up my kitty who got neutered and declawed yesterday
    Rent a movie for tomorrow night.
    Then work on homework, (4 1-page essays, 5 2-page essays, 2 take home tests, and a presentation :noway: )

I REALLY need to get my water in too! I'm up two pounds and there is NO WAY it's actually fat/muscle.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Today is more about running errands than making it to the gym (the gym closes at 7pm because it's a four day week...got to love military posts) and I have things that have to get done today.

So it's off to pay the fence bill (yeah...we have to rent a fence!)
    To the bank to deposit B-day money
    The pet store.
    Pick up whine for tomorrow night (the only place that sells it is in the next town!)
    Pick up my kitty who got neutered and declawed yesterday
    Rent a movie for tomorrow night.
    Then work on homework, (4 1-page essays, 5 2-page essays, 2 take home tests, and a presentation :noway: )

I REALLY need to get my water in too! I'm up two pounds and there is NO WAY it's actually fat/muscle.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've managed to pack for my trip to my daughters and moms get half my waters in and an hour on the treadmill. No treadmill where I am going so I'll have to hoof it the old fashioned way. lol
    Planning on a healthy salad for lunch and I don't know for supper.

Renae, I have four cats and they are indoor/outdoor kitties so I could never have them declawed even though my furniture would love it. It could be a death sentence for them if they couldn't climb a tree if they needed to. All our neighbors have dogs and we don't have a leash law where I live. Thats rural living for you. I just have to deal with scratching posts. It's kind of funny to have to pay for a fence. I'd never heard of that. Tonight I'm going to watch Gone Baby Gone. I hope it is good.

MM glad to hear your mother in laws treatments are going well. My mom had a port put in last week and resumes chemo this week. I'm going there after this weekend with my daughter. We have February break for a week. Yea! I have one more book to read before I hit the library. So it will have to be another week before I go.

Mary I messed up on the sweets challenge too. Yeah a cookie got me too. And a tootsie roll pop. Is an elliptical much harder than a treadmill?

Vivia never volunteer to bring the dessert! I always volunteer the veggie platter lol. That way I know I will at least eat something healthy.:bigsmile: We have little sunshine, I hope we get some this weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend and week because I don't know when I will get to a computer next, but I will be thinking of each and every one of you.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm going to watch Gone Baby Gone. I hope it is good.

Mary I messed up on the sweets challenge too. Yeah a cookie got me too. And a tootsie roll pop. Is an elliptical much harder than a treadmill?

I enjoyed Gone Baby Gone. Great treadmill movie (which is now a class of movie for me).

The elliptical isn't really any harder - but it's different. It will be very hard the first few times. Don't try to go for too long. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I try not to bring dessert. . .but I let out that I used to be the pastry chef at one of my restaurant jobs. I made a flourless chocolate cake, which is not so bad, really. Everything else we're having is remarkably healthy (it's luckily a pretty sensible bunch) and the cake just takes a teeny sliver to satisfy.

Also, I get the luxury of baking, without having an entire 10 inch cake in my house begging to be finished.:tongue:

Got in a good lifting/elliptical workout today, to the tune of 650 calories in just over an hour. I'm enjoying the extra calorie burn after the serious slowdown of my workouts over the past few months.

Have a good time on your break, Karen.:wink: