30 Day Shred

Options
Anyone out there doing 30 Day Shred. Started today and My HRM said I only burned 86 calories. Is that right? I was sweating my *kitten* off and working really hard. That can't be right, can it?

Replies

• mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have did 1 1/2 rounds of 30DS a d I burned between 200-240. . 86 seems low
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That seems low for that workout. I weigh considerably more than you, so it's hard to compare, but I typically burn around 400 during that workout. I would think you should have seen at least 200 for yours, esp if you were really giving it a good try.
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wonder if I need a better HRM!?:smile:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ooh...that definately does not sound right. I burn 282 but I do weigh a lot more then you. But my sister is about your size and burns at least 175-200.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    That's way too low - it's likely it wasn't picking up your heart rate correctly. Does it have a chest strap? I find that if I don't really get the sensors soaking wet before putting it on the heart rate shows lower than it actually is. Try that and see what your burn is.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ooh...that definately does not sound right. I burn 282 but I do weigh a lot more then you. But my sister is about your size and burns at least 175-200.

ps. I love BSB...AJ is my fav :love:

LOL..didn't mean to quote myself...I'm a little slow today!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Your HRM is definitely incorrect.

I've gone through 30DS and on my worst day burned 187.

:)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yeah, that doesn't seem quite right. When I do it I burn around 120. What kind of HRM do you have? Perhaps it's time to replace the battery.
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You may need to replace the batteries in the watch or the chest strap, maybe both.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I burn about 180-200 on Level 1 of the Shred at 145 lbs.

Is your HRM one that you have to update with your heart rate every so often? Or does it do it for you? I used to have one like that and if you do it would only use your starting heart rate to base calories on. I hope that made sense...
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My HRM is just a cheapish one from Walmart. Might have to upgrade to a better one. Maybe a XMAS gift from the hubby!