I think I've hit a wall

Options
Hey guys any advice will do- I started out losing 5 lbs right away and was so happy and now i can only seem to lose a 1lb or so a week i'm starting to get discouraged!! Help!!!!

12576950.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Losing 1lb a week is a healthy loss...
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    1 pounds a week is a good healthy rate. Most people lose a lot of weight when they first start, but it tapers off.

1 pound a week is good!! Keep at it and the weight will continue to come off.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    The first 5 pounds was probably water weight...Healthy loss is about 1 pound a week..you are doing great. Remember..losign quickly means you will gain it back quickly

Slow and steady wins the race
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Water Weight. Its normal, you always lose that quick first.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others....1 # a week is a healthy loss. Keep at it - you're doing great!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    The first 5 pounds was probably water weight...Healthy loss is about 1 pound a week..you are doing great. Remember..losign quickly means you will gain it back quickly

Slow and steady wins the race

^^ THIS ^^ .. As long as you are losing, you have not by any means hit a wall. Keep doing what you're doing. Stay focused. Stay fierce. Be patient. This is a lifetime journey. The weight didn't jump onto you in a short time and it won't jump off of you in a short time (not in any manner where you're likely to keep it off, anyway).
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you seem to be on track, I would monitor your measurements too. If the scale is a bit discouraging then the measurements might help lift your spirits.