Half Marathons in 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    There's a group for those working on marathons - Marathon Runners - past, present & future - that you may want to join on MFP. Lots of good input from long distance runners.
  • Lemetriab
    Lemetriab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am completely a novice. I workout infrequently but increasing my workouts to be more regular.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to racing. I like racing more than i like training for them. I did 2 half marathons this year, my first ever was in Feb, and my 2nd one was a couple weeks ago. I don't see anything wrong with doing as many as your body can handle, as long as you give yourself plenty of recovery time and time for training for the next one. I have another one scheduled in Feb, so that will make 3 halfs in 1 year, and plan on another 1 or 2 halfs in 2012. I try to do at least 1 5k every month also.
  • kelrun
    kelrun Posts: 12
    Options
    I ran my first 1/2 in Disney last September. I used Jeff Galloway's planning to get me there. He is awesome for first timers. I am hoping to run one maybe two next year.
  • RedRage00
    RedRage00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've completed 4 half marathons in the past. I live in TX and would like to run in every major Texas city. So far I have done Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio and a smaller one in Irving, Tx.

I'm signed up for the Austin 1/2 in February 2012. I was sidelined for a bit, but I just recently started training again last month.
  • RedRage00
    RedRage00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For people wanting some kind of running plan Runners World has an app on the iphone called "Smart Coach"

You can enter all your information and it will spit out a running plan for you. It's pretty cool.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've got a marathon in May, I'll run at least one half during training. Then I may find a few more to run over the summer & fall.