30 DS question (for those who did it)

LilMizDetermined
LilMizDetermined Posts: 174 Member
:smile: How did you log your 30 DS exercise?? I am doing mine later tonight and wanted to know

Replies

• starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    I logged it as circuit training but only put it for 20 minutes. I didn't count the warmup
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Circuit training - general.

Good luck! I just started level 3. I love this program, and you really do get a good workout in 20 minutes.
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    I also logged it as circuit...but I put 30 minutes.....
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    I log it as Circuit Training, 20 minutes. I don't count the warm up/cool down. I'm almost done with Level 2 -- It definitely makes me work my butt off every day!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    I think I've seen people logging it as the 30-day shred. I'm planning to start it soon, too, so I'd like to know as well.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    If you have a heart rate monitor- that really helps- each level I burned a different number of calories and with the intensity that can change as well. I entered my own name for the exercise as 30 day shred level : to track it on my exercises....Do what works for you:) GOod luck!
  • LilMizDetermined
    I was playing the the numbers and it says if I log it as 30 mins circuit training, it would only be like 237 calories burned... that seems really low for so much work!

What are your thoughts?
  • Iused my HRM as an exercise could vary between 50-100 kcal depending on how much energy I had. (Didn't want to estimate my burn too high) so it usually went between 190-250 (~290 if I pushed hard). And then just logged it under 30DS :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I use my HRM and log it that way, I see a difference from day to day between 80 - 100 calories depending on how hard I push.
  • LilMizDetermined
    Ok it sounds like I need to invest in a heart rate monitor. Any suggestions?
  • brk_1982
    It has been my experience that calories burned are always less than I hope, so I think around 250 is probably reasonable, sadly. :ohwell:
  • kvns83
    kvns83 Posts: 29
    When I did it I found that the calories with circuit training general were more than what my HRM would say. Hrm is the way to go and is a wonderful investment. We are each so different, and we burn calories differently depending on the amount of muscle we have and our intensity. The general is good too if you don't want to invest, but I always found it encouraging to know exactly what I burned.
  • I highly recommend SUUNTO (www.suunto.com) I've had mine for 2 years now and it's still in absolute excellent condition, and what I like most about it is it's got a much nicer design than the other once on the market right now, it's got a very sleek and modern look. And it has this great "personal trainer" feature. Check it out :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    I log it as '30 day shred' and use my HRM (polar FT4) for the calories - it has varied between 175-225 per session on different days. Currently I do it twice a day b/c it's more interesting than the treadmill and I'm hungry for those exercise calories. LOL
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    lots of people like polar- I have a New balance I purchased at target and it works wonderfully. It was about $70. I didn't want to pay over $100 for one.
  • Bigplay691
    Bigplay691 Posts: 34 Member
    I am on day 8 of llevel 1 and am kind of curious about the level of difficulty going from level 1 to level 2. I dont want to look ahead and get discouraged by seeing how much harder it may get. It is a great workout and I go with the general circuit for 20 minutes also. I estimate around 220 calories. Just hoping level 2 dont kick my butt to bad but was hoping maybe level 2 will burn more.
  • brk_1982
    I liked level 2 better actually, so don't stress. It wasn't much harder, just different. I will not comment on Level 3 though. :sad:
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    This was the link that I gave my mom for Christmas:
    http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4f-bronze.html
    Seems like a good price. I can NOT wait to get it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.