Can I get a witness

Options
Hi, I'm 48 and fat. I just signed up for this yesterday, I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs in 5 months. I'd like to get a few friends as I believe the camaraderie will be a big help. So if you got room for another friend please let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and fat.

I love it when people are this honest! Haha!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and fat.

I love it when people are this honest! Haha!

First Step HONESTY! Gotta love it!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And feel free to add me, I'm on pretty regularly and am always willing to lend support and encouragement. Good luck! :)
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ha! I love it too!! I'm about half way to my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hee Hee - I'm not 48 (yet) but I'm fat too! Feel free to add me - I like friends!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hi...i'm about to be 34 and i'm fat!.....but next year at this time imma be HAWT!...lol

feel free to add me ;)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Just a friendly word of advice, maybe don't set yourself a 5 month deadline for losing the weight! Just take it slow and steady and you'll be a healthier you before you know it!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and fat... but can happily say LESS FAT than I was before!

You'll be saying the same soon.. and eventually we'll BOTH say "I'm FIT!"

Friend-request me if you'd like... we're gonna be posting in the Inspirational section soon!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and fat.

Yeah, but ya are also pretty so you got a fantastic start :)

well, that and being here with so many wonderful people with so much experience and encouragment to go around.

Feel free to add me, I'm not really new, but I am new to the trying to learn how to be social and not be afraid of what I look like and if I am going to be judged on my size and nothing else
  • wendyhof2
    wendyhof2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just joined yesterday as well. Time to get off my butt and back into my clothes which are literally bulging at the seams. I refuse to buy new ones!
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and fat. I just signed up for this yesterday, I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs in 5 months. I'd like to get a few friends as I believe the camaraderie will be a big help. So if you got room for another friend please let me know. Thanks.

Took me a while to finally admit that. Good luck. You can do this. Six months in I have lost over 60 pounds.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'll add you cause you seem like you would be a fun friend. Welcome! :drinker:
  • krisbeaver
    krisbeaver Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOL! Nice to meet you!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hi . I'm so glad you decided to join. This site has been so helpful to me. I'd love it if you added me as a friend. I'm on every day and would love to have another friend. I'm 44 and I was fat, now I'm on my way to being thin.
  • mcboyd1983
    Options
    I like your honesty! I'd be glad to be a supportive friend!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! I am almost near the 30 mark with 3 kids and informed today that my boyfriend does not think I can lose weight so i would say I am fat too. There are some pretty awesome people on here, you will have all the motivation you need, stick to it and you will do fine.:wink:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite to 48 yet and not fat now, just a bit "fluffy", but I was fat when I joined MFP! I'm more fit now than I have ever been since I was a teenager. You can do it, too!
  • sourstraws
    Options
    (hand up in the air) I will witness to that.... I myself need to get my butt in gear for New Year's EVE - that's my big 'ole goal.... I just came back from Afghanistan at the very end of SEP and as soon as I got home BAM gained all the weight back...... help?
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    informed today that my boyfriend does not think I can lose weight

!! I hope this was reverse psycology, I hate it when people say things like that. They don't realise how hurtful they are being/can be and how much these things can impact a person.

Positive all the way is my philosphy!
  • timgordon24
    Options
    I'm 22 years old, 414lbs fat (after losing an entire young child ... I MEAN... 74 pounds) and I'm on @least once a day. Friend request is coming your way... :)