Anyone out there lost around 100 pounds - mid 30s?

Options
gudiiya
gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
Is there anyone out there that have lost over 100 or close to 100 pounds who are in their mid 30s? I have struggled all my life with weight loss and still am, but I am determined to make this happen once and for all. I would love to hear your experiences on how you are able to be successful at weight loss? Mty knees and back hurt preventing me from working out too much ... TIA for any suggestions.

Replies

• Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    well, I had lost 140 :) put it all back on again because of severe depression and yanno the horrific jobs situation going on round here... but have nothing but confidence that I can and will do it again :)

I have severe hypermobility I am always in pain, but I am the master of coping measures, if there is a will, there is ALWAYS a way trust me :) please feel free to add me.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and began losing weight at 30. I've lost 148 so far and still want to lose another 70. My back used to bother me too until I started losing weight. Then I started walking all I could at first it was like 1 lap around a track. Now I walk/run 2 miles most days on my lunch break.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Not yet but I will once I am done :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I haven't loss it yet but I'm on my way. I'm ready to lose this 100lbs once and for all. I wish you luck on your journey. There are a lot of sucess stories on here.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    down 58 pounds. My goal is 70. I'm 38. I work 2 jobs. Have 2 kids and a husband who is laid off (STRESS). And I did it.
    My knees were bad!!! I changed my whole life. Turned off the tv and went for a walk. I eat to live now. Not eat because I'm stressed. When I'm stressed (always these days) I work out. I walk,run DVD's anything to get moving.You can do this!!! If you want it bad enough it will happen. It has taken me 7-8 months so far. Keep at it!!! LOG everything!!!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I am in my early 30's and have lost 60... Check back with me in about 4 to 5 months and I will have lost that much! :wink: :laugh:

Basically I log my food calories and my exercise here, I eat back most of my exercise calories, and I drink half my body weight in ounces per week. I am in week 4 of the C25K program, I take 2 to 4 Zumba classes per week, and occasionally do a Tae Bo video if I can't make it to the gym.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    36 year old mom of twins with a full-time job. My goal is to loose 115, I have lost 66 pounds so far. It was hard for me to get started at first, the temptations and cravings for junk where horrible! but I did get over it. I still enjoy them, they just don't have the same power over me : ) I don't forbid myself any foods, I just make sure I really want it and by that I mean, want it enough to fit it in my daily calories or enough to put in the exercise to earn it (I eat back all my exercise calories). Believe me I have had 'free' days and even took a week long vacation on which I ate like a complete pig. I just shake it off and keep going. you can do this, getting started is the hardest part, but once you make up your mind to be commited you will be unstoppable! I have been overweight my whole life. finally with MFP and everything I've learned I feel like I WILL reach my goal.

If exercise is too much for you right now, concentrate on your food. Go for a walk around the block, anything but start out slow. Once I started exercising I did the C25K. I never in my wildest dreams thought I can run, but I do! It gave me goals to work for and I felt such an accomplishment when I could run for 1 minute, then 2 minutes, etc. Find something like that that motivates you.

Good luck! Send me a friend request if you want.
    Teresa
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started at 400, Lost a total of 165 lbs..gained back about 50 and need to lose about 100 more. I also have knee issues, have had 2 surgeries already, 1 on each knee, also had a torn rotator cuff, If your interested I wouldn't mind bieng added, Its so hard to find people that have a lot to lose and deal with understanding our sometimes unique issues. My head is crammed with so many things I have learned and adapted, I don't know where to begin but feel free to message me. I began by just walking, and making small dietary changes, the added weights.. I guess 1 big thing i would say is don't be afraid of weights! Losing more than 100lbs. you find out stuff sags you didnt even know could sag!! :huh: hand mirrors are not our friends... anyways LOL..

It's even more important for us that have a LOT to lose to build muscle as we lose, For many reasons, it will help with the skin, it will burn calories faster and for a longer period of time, the more overweight you are the more pressure you put on your joints.. 1 lb = 4 lbs. pressure... I did jump rope, it was fun didn't hurt.. at the time.. then I learned i was effectively slamming 4000 lbs. of pressure onto a nail head.. Thinnning of the meniscus.. So weights and weighted exercise will also build the muscles surrounding our joints.. which can only be a good thing.. Like I said.. I have way to much information to try to put in a post, anytime you feel discouraged, or are having pain and want some ideas for modifications, or whatever, feel free to add and or message me!! We will do this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!