Motivation Rewards~Powerlifting

blackbelterin
blackbelterin Posts: 6
Well, I am going to post a few things in here so if you ideas on any of it let me know.

I lost a lot of weight then stopped losing. Then I lost a lot of inches and stopped. I know you can only lose so much really until you are on a level of mateniece level. However I still have some inches to lose.

In the new year I am going to start doing Powerlifting tournaments. I want to take advantage of what my body is good at. On the same note I do not want to look heavy I want to look toned and fit as well. Since I know I will gain weight and have ability to lose inches as well I am looking for things to keep me motivated and off the scale.

I got a clear flower vase. Everytime I reach a goal I put a marble in there. When I get to a certain mark I will claim a reward... That is where I am hitting the issue. What kind of reward can I have that isn't really food involved.

These are some goals I have to earn a marble:

Not buying food out UNLESS it is a healthy snack (no meals) so this is a daily goal.
Every three days of exercise (doesn't have to be in a row, rest is important)
Once a week I measure my waist, 1 marble for each 1/2 inch.
Once a month I measure in with a trainer and 1 marble for every inch lost total.
On a weekly baises 1 marble for every lbs lost (no marbles lost for gaining as I am powerlifting)

Initially I though since I was going to be very concious about not buying food out that it might be good as a reward to eat some place half way healthy i.e. Panera or Subway. But since celebrating is typicall centered around food (holidays, birthdays, graduations...) I want to steer clear of that. I'm not really sure what to make as my reward...

Any ideas?
Motivational tips?

Thanks Everyone :)
Erin

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    You won't get bulky. I've powerlifted with more than a few ladies on my old team. One was musclular but she was also a world champion.

Look at the cross fit ladies. Many of them use similar moves but aren't bulky.

But remember, powerlifitng will add power and some muscle mass. If you want to avoid looking larger, you should continue to eat clean and do some cardio.
This discussion has been closed.