Eggnog- Bolthouse Farms

Options
I LOOOOVE eggnog but HATE the amount of calories in it. So I am trying out Bolthouse Farms All Natural Eggnog. I bought this at Target. It's only 80 calories. To me, not nearly as delicious and creamy as regular eggnog, BUT not bad either. I think once I get used to the less fatty taste of it I'll be fine. It definitely tastes the difference between Whole milk and Skim milk. The seasonings are great though.

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I will have to look for it. Did you find it in the Dairy section or some other refridg. section?
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I make my own with skim milk, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, and splenda to taste. Even my kids will drink it. You can use egg substitue if you prefer, but I have been making mine this way all my life. Yummy!!!
    i also use it to flavor my coffee.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You could always make your own, using eggs and a trim milky version, with brandy or rum essence and spices (grated fresh nutmeg, mmmm!). I find it doesn't need much sweetener to be delicious. :heart:
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ha - snap!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    sounds like a worthwhile try. I have not had egg nog this year because it is so fattening and so many calories. I love egg nog and I love Target I'll look for it . Thanks !
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I make my own with skim milk, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, and splenda to taste. Even my kids will drink it. You can use egg substitue if you prefer, but I have been making mine this way all my life. Yummy!!!

whats the recipe... i would love to make my own
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE DURING THE HOLIDAYS TOO!!!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    see eggnog is only good with captain in it.. so you have to add another 60 cals..
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Please post recipe
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kchabby76
    Options
    It was in the refrigerated section.
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, just came across this:smile:
    I make mine by the gallon
    In a bowl I mix 12 eggs, 1 cup splenda (you can add up to 1.5 cups depending on taste/brand of sweetner), some vanilla & nutmeg...(sorry I don't measure that) mix with a mixer or blender until smooth... slowly add about 2 cups of milk to thin out. then I just pour the mixture back into the gallon jug with the rest of the milk & shake well. You can add rum to this but I do that individually, because my kids love it.

*** you will have to remove about 1-2 cups of milk from the gallon jug because there will not be enough room for the mix*****

Enjoy!!!