GPS/HRM Watch???? Help!

Options
I just asked my mom if she would get me one for Christmas, and she said yes and to tell her which one. I've been looking on amazon and reading lots of reviews, but I just don't know. Any suggestions on HRM with GPS???? Since I run outside a lot I would really like the GPS in addition to HRM.

Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i love my polar ft4, which i got from amazon. it has been such a huge source of motivation! and, i was tired of guesstimating calories i burned from jogging / going to work-out classes-- such a relief to have something accurate and reliable to take away all that guess work :]
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just got the Garmin 405cx with HRM.....Don't get to open it till Christmas....(my mom bought it too!!!) can't wait!! Amazon had it on sale yesterday. I heard nothing but good things about it!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Polar seems to be the HRM of choice around here. I have an FT7...no GPS, but I'm sure there are higher end models that include it.

If you have a smartphone, consider getting an app like Runtastic...GPS for free!
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The Garmin 305 is quite popular. I have one and know many other runners that have it also.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    yup Garmin would be my choice if I had to have the GPS.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVE my garmin 110. It's small, like a regular watch and calculates everything you could need, plus uploads to a website that you can track and even post your runs!
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Garmin 305 is quite popular. I have one and know many other runners that have it also.

I LOVE my Garmin 305 :heart: - I run and bike and geocache with it. I only wish it were waterproof for swimming!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Polar seems to be the HRM of choice around here. I have an FT7...no GPS, but I'm sure there are higher end models that include it.

If you have a smartphone, consider getting an app like Runtastic...GPS for free!

I have a blackberry right now, but I'm planning on a iphone soon since I'm eligible for my upgrade. Thanks for that suggestion!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like the vote goes to Garmin!