Chicken Thighes

BonMetz
BonMetz Posts: 102
I have some boneless, skinless chicken thighes I am going to take out for dinner tomorrow....not sure what to do them. ideas?

Replies

• DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Baked chicken breasts(I use chicken thighs) rolled with spinach and ricotta topped with pomodoro sauce and melted mozzarella. A dish the whole family will love!

Since making chicken rollatini stuffed with prosciutto and cheese a few weeks back my husband has been craving chicken rollatini the way he grew up eating it, stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce and more cheese. I had to sneak some spinach in them against his will, but he was very pleased with the final results. I guess you can say this is a cross between my Chicken Parmigiana and Spinach Lasagna Rolls.

Perfect for a large crowd, or to feed a hungry family. These are very filling, I served this with a big salad and I was very content with just one piece. These re-heated beautifully the next day and we were happy to enjoy them again for leftovers. Enjoy!!

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each (I use boneless skinless chicken thighs more flavor)
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
    Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
    Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
    You might also like:
  • im a simple eater and not that good of a cooker but I love chicken and lately all ive been eating are boneless, skinless chicken breast haha. I never get tired of them and they are so good for you but I cook them the same way every time... on my george foreman grill, wrapped in aluminum foil (to keep it juicy & flavorful) and add some seasonings like lemon pepper, garlic & seasoning salt.

super simple but delicious!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Dark meat can hold some 'serious business' when it comes to spices. I'd say go with Indian spices or Jamaican jerk. There's the ole American classic with gravy and toast as well.
  • TCWE
    TCWE Posts: 51 Member
    I like good old duck sauce chicken!! Just pour store bought duck sauce on it and bake. YUM!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    curry!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Nigella Lawson Spanish Chicken

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spanish_chicken_with_98922

Really easy to make - just put all ingredients in a dish and put in oven to cook.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Just thought of another - use one of the Maggie So-Juicy mixes. Another oven job and very easy!! There are a few different flavours
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Marinade them in honey and apply cider vinegar, about equal parts for no more than 4 hours, 20 minues works too. Take them out, dry them off, season with S&P and broil them close to the heat source and serve. So easy and yummy.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Cool. Thanks for the ideas.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Some of my favorites:

Spicy Tahini Chicken Thighs (can use 1/2 small container of hummus instead of tahini and cut the spices in half if you don't care for much heat):
    http://www.pigpigscorner.com/2009/05/spicy-tahini-baked-chicken.html

Coq Au Vin:
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/coq-au-vin/

Sour Cream Chicken (also great for pork chops):
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/chicken-in-sour-cream/detail.aspx
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    If you have a crock pot you can put them in with a jar of healthy salsa. Put the crock pot on low all day and by the time you get home you have an excellent meal. I do this for my family and the chicken is great served with some tortillas or taco shells. I usually add a side salad and you are good to go!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Nigella Lawson Spanish Chicken

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spanish_chicken_with_98922

Really easy to make - just put all ingredients in a dish and put in oven to cook.

Just wanted to come back to this thread to say I tried out this recipe and it was amazing!! Definitely a keeper!!
    Did tweak it a tiny bit... Added a clove of garlic, some fresh chili peppers (seeded and diced) and thinly sliced the orange after zesting it and placed those on top. Made for a lovely presentation and the slices were pretty yummy after being roasted too. :)
  • Yakarobed
    Yakarobed Posts: 13 Member
    Funny I saw this today. I was just putting in a recipe for skillet-roasted lemon chicken with potatoes that I'm making for dinner tonight.

I found the recipe in the December 2011/January 2012 Taste of Home magazine.

I'll go back and make it a publc recipe.
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Chicken Thighs - Chicken Cacciatore with lots of veggies and EVOO. So good. Enjoy!
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    I put mine in a crock pot and pour a jar of salsa over them. Let them cook on low for about 8 hours and serve with some rice and tortillas....It's really good!