Low caloric intake.

Options
So I count points with the Weight Watcher system and I eat 22 points a day -vegetables are considered free except potatoes,corn and peas- with an extra 35 points a week and I am totally shocked that on days that I only eat my 22 pts my calories are FAR under the minimum of 1200 calories. I started tracking here out of curiousity and was really surprised! I'm starting to think that maybe this is t he reason that my weight loss is sooo slow! Could it be that I'm not eating enough?

Thoughts,debates and comments are welcome!

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I actually noticed that too on Weight Watchers, which is why I switched to calorie counting and watching my macros. I think your minimum daily points work out to be about 1200 calories or thereabouts and you're definitely not eating enough if you're not getting your 22 points PLUS your 7 discretionary points daily. So, EAT!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your vegetables on MFP? I know I'd be way under everyday if I didn't log vegetables, but they are not meant to be free on MFP.
  • MMC5335
    Options
    Weight Watchers is NOT your friend. They want you to lose slow as molassas in January or not at all because they want your money. They have some good points but basically, I wouldn't waste money on the membership....just subscribe to the magazine and log onto myfitnesspal for the support part. Here, as you've probably noticed, if you log less than 1200...it tells you about it :)

4694868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well I don't pay for a membership...I have all of my old books from when I lost weight after having my first kid. I log all my veggies because yes I am aware that they are not free! ;) Everything that goes in my mouth I log here....but it still amazes me at how low the calories are on this plan. I hate switching now because I'm afraid it'll make me fall off track...I'm weird like that.

So you think 1200 is the least amount of calories I should eat in a day then? I try to leave my extra flex points alone but will eat them if I'm hungry. :)

Thanks for the replies!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    woops double posted!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is NOT your friend. They want you to lose slow as molassas in January or not at all because they want your money.
    I kept trying to figure out why Weight Watchers only wants you to lose weight in January. Derp!