jeans

Options
I am so angry.. I have size 14 jeans that are too big and some that are too small..I bought a pair of ashley judd jeans at goody's right before christmas size 14..they fit so good they are my favorite..Well now goody's is going out of business and are having a sale. I went and bought 2 more pairs same size...they dont freaken fit..and of course now there is no return policy since they are closing. I just dont get it they are the same cut too. I just dont understand jeans at all....urrrrrrrrrrr:explode: :explode: :explode:
on another note I know that this is also a way of measuring weight loss because when they fit it will be another goal hit..but it just aggrivates me..sorry had to vent...

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am so angry.. I have size 14 jeans that are too big and some that are too small..I bought a pair of ashley judd jeans at goody's right before christmas size 14..they fit so good they are my favorite..Well now goody's is going out of business and are having a sale. I went and bought 2 more pairs same size...they dont freaken fit..and of course now there is no return policy since they are closing. I just dont get it they are the same cut too. I just dont understand jeans at all....urrrrrrrrrrr:explode: :explode: :explode:
    on another note I know that this is also a way of measuring weight loss because when they fit it will be another goal hit..but it just aggrivates me..sorry had to vent...
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I HATE buying jeans. It seems that everytime I go, the style I bought from such and such store no longer fits right. I've lucked out and found a brand at Macys (american rag girl I think) that fit like they were made for me. But even these can be weird sometimes....the time before last that I bought them they didn't have my size in short, just regular....I figured I could just get them hemmed. Nope, they were bigger all over, not just in length. I always had to wear a belt and they were bagging in the butt and the crotch and I just felt like a boy in them.

The two pair I have now....while they both fit, the dark wash fits different from the lighter wash. I can't really explain it, but the dark pair are more comfortable, yet they are the exact same size. Ugh. I dread the day that I can't find these jeans either....as it is not every Macy's that seems to have them.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    There's nothing worse !!! :grumble: :noway:
    I bought myself 2 new pairs of jeans before Xmas, thet were a bit tight - deliberately to give me an incentive.
    Well...that incentive worked so well that now they are too big in the waist, butt and legs!
    I've resorted to taking the waist in on them, but of course, they are still baggy round the legs and butt - oh well, long tops here we come :ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I know I wish that there was a standard on how the size jeans. And that they have to be measure to make sure they are that size before they put the tag on them. At home I have a pair of size 16's that fit me (all my other 16's literally fall off when i walk) and I have some in sizes that fit all the way down to and 8. That's just crazy to me.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Be glad you bought them because they WILL fit before you know it.... and if you'd have waited, the store would be out of business and you'd no longer have a favorite pair of jeans that fit perfectly :smile:

Just cut the size tags out and ignore what they say. :laugh:
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    UGH I HATE BUYING JEANS! The vanity sizing in some stores paired with other stores having just totally unregulated sizing makes it such a pain. I was in a size 4 at my lowest weight, but now I have no idea if I'm a 14/12/10/what?! because every pair of pants fits differently!

It's an even bigger pain being that I'm a giant amazon woman and no pants are ever long enough.

You will fit into those jeans everntually! I really like the idea of keeping smaller clothes to try to fit into as a goal, but I could never do that. I keep my smaller clothes hidden away because all they do is depress me and remind me of how I gained all this weight back last year.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've had that same issue with jeans that are different colors! Black jeans are always softer and fit differently than the light blue or stonewashed. And I hate the fit of light blue jeans on me. It seems outrageous, but something in the dye makes certain materials "give" I think!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I worked in retail for a long time and while it is very annoying, I might be able to offer some insight. 1- many brands pre-shink their jeans. That means the jeans are washed and shrunk BEFOrE you buy them (so they won't shrink on you when you get home and wash them) this can mean every pair, even the same style, brand and colour, will fit you slightly differently. 2- different washes (colours) in the same style and size can fit differently because of the degree to which the fabric has been stonewashed. 3- Jeans are tried on A LOT in stores. That brand new pair you bought? ya it was probably tried on a dozen times TODAY. This can cause major stretching, especially if the person/people who tried it on needed a size larger. So sometimes you try on that pair and think, these are a bit big, I'll grab a size smaller on my way out, only to find when you get home that the pair you took is too small. ALWAYS try on the pair you're going to buy. :flowerforyou: