Calories Burned

Options
How many calories does everyone burn in a typical day with their exercise?

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    How many calories does everyone burn in a typical day with their exercise?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Between 400-700 depending on how I'm feeling :flowerforyou:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Just exercise wise: Monday / Wed. / & Fridays.... cross trainner... 30 min 400 cal
  • MattySparky
    Options
    380-400 cals.
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM- and a typical day for me is about 700-800. I do have a question though, for those of you that wear a HRM at the gym, do you do your strength/resistance training and still have it on? Some people I have talked to don't count this in their daily burn. But it burns more calories, so I don't get that. Let me know!!!:happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    my typical day for the last 2 months or so-

am- before breakfast stationary bike 425 calories (when started in December, I could barely get to 100)

work....walk the dog 20 minutes about 75 calories

after work...more cardio...usually a 90 hike on up and down trails 430 calories

p.m. weights (5-6 days a week) for about 45-60 minutes (I dont count threse calories usually)

so..about 900-950 on a typical day
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    700 to 900 calories a day. With more days in the 900 calorie area. Both cardio and strength. Generally do most of my exercise in the morning.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    typically about 300. But it can really vary wildly from 100 or so to 800 or so. just depends what I'm doing.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My work outs are 30 to 240 minutes total work out time and I burn 250-1500+. Really depends on the activity and day. Right now...not much...still recovering from the flu and I've been lazy!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    This week :laugh: 500 to 800 calories daily. Some weeks 200 to 400 daily

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I normally burn 1400 calories a day during the week and on the weekends about half that.

For the question about HRM and strength training -- I would recommend that you continue to wear it because it is a calorie burning activity. I don't use the HRM in my activities but I do about 30 minutes a day with strength training after my other workouts and I do count the points.