Polar HRM

Options
I was wondering what's the difference between the F6 and the F7?
Does anyone own any of these?
How do you like it?
And is it worth spending my money on one?
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what's the difference between the F6 and the F7?
    Does anyone own any of these?
    How do you like it?
    And is it worth spending my money on one?
    Thanks in advance!!
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I have the F7. I do not know what the difference is between that and the 6 other than the chest band is different. I think I used to have the F6 but I am not sure since I no longer have it and was not really sure of the model...

I like the F7, I would say it is worth the money, especially if you can find one cheaper than retail...
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the F6 but I haven't really used it yet... just wore it a little bit to test it out. So far I like it but don't know what the difference with the F7 is.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the Polar website has a "compare products" option??
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I LOVE it! I'm also not sure what the differences are between the F6 and F7, but I know the F6 has all the features I could ever want, and more. Just be sure to check the size of the chest strap that it comes with when you buy it...I didn't do this and ending up getting the Medium which is too big and had to buy another one separately. But it's fantastic, I can't work out without it.

55359.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have the f6 and I love it too, I just got it a few days ago and it really helps keeping you accountable in your workout and keeping your heart rate in a target zone. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the F6 has everything I need. I got my on ebay from a polar dealer on there and paid less than retail. They had it to me in two days.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have the F6 and use it many times a week. For 30 min or up to 8 hours. It's comfortable and haven't had any issues with it. Not sure what the difference is between the F6 and F7, but if it's not much...go with the one on sale! Mine was over $100, but I love it so it was well worth the money.
  • ma9321
    Options
    Well, I found both of them at a discounted price. So i figured if I could get the F7 for the retail price of the F6, then why not. :smile: It's actually my Valentine's Day present.
  • ma9321
    Options
    Perhaps the Polar website has a "compare products" option??

I didn't think about that. I'll have to go check it out in a bit. Thanks.
  • ma9321
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I LOVE it! I'm also not sure what the differences are between the F6 and F7, but I know the F6 has all the features I could ever want, and more. Just be sure to check the size of the chest strap that it comes with when you buy it...I didn't do this and ending up getting the Medium which is too big and had to buy another one separately. But it's fantastic, I can't work out without it.

55359.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

I hope I love mine as much as you love yours!! I've become a work out addict and I would love to know exactly how many calories i'm actually burning. I can't wait!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I found this as the description on a site that was selling the F-7

Take the popular Polar F6, add the new WearLink+ chest transmitter for improved comfort, and you have the new Polar F7. Large easy-to-read LCD display Displays heart rate in Beats Per Minute or % of max Auto and manual HR limits Zone pointer with visual & audible high/low alarms Fitness bullets show time in target zone OwnCal feature counts calories burned during workout OwnZone assists in automated setup of ideal target zones OwnCode includes coded WearLink+ transmitter to eliminate cross-talk with other heart monitors Data download via SonicLink to polarpersonaltrainer.com - allows data storage and review Watch with calendar and alarm Comfortable and lightweight coded WearLink+ wireless chest transmitter Storage of 12 workout files, stores workout time, average HR, calories burned, and time in target zone during workout Water resistant to 30 meters. 2 year warranty on watch and transmitter Includes coded WearLink+ chest transmitter and strap My brothers favorite watch hands down! All the features of the F6 and F11 rolled into a new design for 2009, make the Polar F7 a great buy!
  • ma9321
    Options
    I found this as the description on a site that was selling the F-7

Take the popular Polar F6, add the new WearLink+ chest transmitter for improved comfort, and you have the new Polar F7. Large easy-to-read LCD display Displays heart rate in Beats Per Minute or % of max Auto and manual HR limits Zone pointer with visual & audible high/low alarms Fitness bullets show time in target zone OwnCal feature counts calories burned during workout OwnZone assists in automated setup of ideal target zones OwnCode includes coded WearLink+ transmitter to eliminate cross-talk with other heart monitors Data download via SonicLink to polarpersonaltrainer.com - allows data storage and review Watch with calendar and alarm Comfortable and lightweight coded WearLink+ wireless chest transmitter Storage of 12 workout files, stores workout time, average HR, calories burned, and time in target zone during workout Water resistant to 30 meters. 2 year warranty on watch and transmitter Includes coded WearLink+ chest transmitter and strap My brothers favorite watch hands down! All the features of the F6 and F11 rolled into a new design for 2009, make the Polar F7 a great buy!

You're awesome!! Thanks!!
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    how do HRM's work, in general? easy to use? will it give you a measurement of calories burned? how about miles/distance run? what is set-up time required, etc? I have heard they really help you with workouts- anybody have a good HRM story?
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought an F6 today and will be trying it out at the gym tomorrow! I'll be sure to post something about how I like it and how it works for me.

Super stoked about it, though!
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    how do HRM's work, in general? easy to use? will it give you a measurement of calories burned? how about miles/distance run? what is set-up time required, etc? I have heard they really help you with workouts- anybody have a good HRM story?

You right! the HRM are awesome and i haven't heard of anyone regretting getting one. Some makes/models like the polar f4 and above give calories burned and this is invaluable since its about the closet to accurate you can get. Most people have found that they were over estimating their cals for cardio and under estimating for things like yoga and strength training. I use mine all the time. They are fairly simple to use and don't let the chest strap which reads your heart rate intimidate you. They are pretty comfy and transmit the signal to a wrist watch usually. A lot of models have several functions but the continuous HR read out and calories burned is usually really easy to figure out. The very pricey ones have pedometers for distances. FYI, some cheaper models have a pulse HR and are ALSO pedometers but these just give your HR for a point in time not your constant HR. Can be useful but not as accurate as the continual HRM. You can however, also buy a decent pedometer separately for as low as 20 bucks. I've got polar F6-wonderful little gadget!
  • miasuperstar
    Options

Oh and I forgot...HRM are also great motivators. Its very encouraging watching those calories tick up and away at the gym. And its easy to be like "oh, i'll just do another 100 cals on the elliptical so i can have that Skinny Cow ice cream in my fridge!" They also tell you how hard your working: when your in your fat burning zone, cardio zone and anaerobic zone.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have the F11 and love it! I'm burning way more cals than I thought-very user friendly also! I've got programs set up and it keeps a diary of the workouts, with HR targets, cals burned, time spent, etc.:heart::heart: Gotta get a HRM! You won't regret it! Polar ones are great.:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just got the F6 as a V-day gift from my hubby (he told me to order the one I wanted!)! :heart: I got it early though, so I've been using it his week. Not sure if the F7 is that different, but the F6 is great! :bigsmile: I got it at http://www.polardiscount.com It was the cheapest place I had seen it plus free 2 day shipping!
  • ma9321
    Options
    I just oredered my F7. Can't wait!!!! :bigsmile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you will def love it I love my polar f-6!!!