Bonus Calories

Options
Don't you think that eating the Bonus Calories from excersice can somewhat defeat the purpose of buring those calories?

It seems like it would cancel each other out and therefore you would stay the same.

Thoughts??

Replies

• puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that eating the Bonus Calories from excersice can somewhat defeat the purpose of buring those calories?

It seems like it would cancel each other out and therefore you would stay the same.

Thoughts??
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    No, because they already factored in your deficit and if you exercise more, you can eat more. So like exercising is your treat because now you get to eat more calories...as long as you eat as much as you burned and not over.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    No, because they already factored in your deficit and if you exercise more, you can eat more. So like exercising is your treat because now you get to eat more calories...as long as you eat as much as you burned and not over.
    I wondered about this too, but dulceluva is right with the calorie deficit figured in...so if you work out and burn 500 cal. it is that many extra you can eat, with being the same deficit!! Plus if you are working out your body could use a healthy snack!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    This is true...you can eat the calories you burn and still lose the 1 or 2 pounds per week that you had factored into your plan. There are many times I don't eat all the extra calories...and as a bonus, I then sometimes lose more that week. So, you're safe eating them...it's like bonus food!! :bigsmile:

*kistinbee*
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think it also has something to do with the "net calories"
    If you eat 1200 calories, and you burn 300 - your body's net calories for the day are only 900!!!
    Your body needs more than that to function - you should definitely eat those calories. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode!

However, if your daily calories are 1500 and you burn 300 - the net calories would be 1200, so I would think it would be ok to NOT eat the extra 300 calories if you so choose.

I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK...That makes sense.

Thanks!