Changing calorie goals?

Options
Hello :smile:

I have lost 12 lb since joining mfp and the last few times when I weigh in a message comes up that says that considering I have lost 10lb maybe I should consider re-calculating my calorie allowance....or something like that. Should I do this? Will it affect my weightloss if I am on the wrong daily calorie consumption in relation to my current weight. I started at 164 and am now 152 and have been on 1200 calories a day since I started. I am happy on that right now, but if I am eating too much/too little to encourage weight loss at my current weight I need to know what to change it to. Thanks if you can advise.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1200 is as low as it will go. So you're definitely not eating too much.

But as you get closer to your goal, you'll want to lower the amount you want to lose per week, so that by the last 10#, you're aiming for .5# a week. It will make the transition to maintenance easier, and as you get leaner, your body doesn't have enough fat stores to support a higher calorie deficit.
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    stay where you are if your comfortable...after 10lbs i changed..honestly i seem 2 be dropping more weight and paying more attention to what i eat...for me it was a good thing...I do in take about 1200-1400 cals a day though:)
    Hope I helped:)
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I wasn't sure what to do. I will stay at 1200 for now I think. I can see the logic for slowing down at the end to make maintenance easier. Best of luck. : )