30 Day Shred 02/13/09

Options
Wow. I tried it for the first time today and my butt is whooped.
I know there are other 30 day shredders that started their own checkings. Today was my first day and on level one. Is anyone interested in creating a new group on Monday?

I burned 235 calories with today's workout.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I know there are other 30 day shredders that started their own checkings. Today was my first day and on level one. Is anyone interested in creating a new group on Monday?

• Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I do not have this video but now am thinking maybe I should get it. Is is cardio and strength together?? And how do you know how many calories you burned?
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    you can get it on youtube, I do that sometimes. I'd be interested in a shred thread- how often should I do the workout? I just mix it in once a week or so with other things now
  • candycaneps
    Options
    The workout is three 6 minute circuits. 3 minute strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs.

I have an HRM I wear during workouts that calculates my calories burned. It really does get your heart rate up too.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    I think any day of working out is great, so I don't know how many days you "should" do. It is called the 30 day shred and says you can lose up to 20 pounds in thirty days, so I imagine you would need to do that videos everyday for maximum results. They have different levels too.
    I think if you do it a couple times a week it still would be a really great workout for you.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Hi

I just started the 30 day shred yesterday and would like to be part of this group... Good for you burning that many calories. I burned only 124 calories with the workout so maybe I will have to go to the next level.

Cheers:drinker:
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Did you find level 1 challenging? I would stay with level one until it becomes easier for you. I burned 235 calories but I was also dying. It was a hard workout and I will be staying with level one for at least a week.
    So what we will do is start checking in every Monday. Don't feel pressured to move on to other levels. This is about doing what is good for you and doing it safely. You want to reach the maximum benefits of level one before moving on to level two.
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Did you find level 1 challenging? I would stay with level one until it becomes easier for you. I burned 235 calories but I was also dying. It was a hard workout and I will be staying with level one for at least a week.
    So what we will do is start checking in every Monday. Don't feel pressured to move on to other levels. This is about doing what is good for you and doing it safely. You want to reach the maximum benefits of level one before moving on to level two.

No, actually I didn't find level 1 that challenging. I have the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD and I burn more calories with it than I did with the 30 Day Shred. However, I think it would be good to alternate the two of them.

Check in on Monday's would be great:bigsmile:
  • Kimono
    Options
    Ok you gals convinced me to buy it. Do they have it at Walmart or Target?
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Ok you gals convinced me to buy it. Do they have it at Walmart or Target?

I got the 30 Day Shred @ Target and Biggest Loser Bootcamp @ Borders. Both are a good workout and I just bet you will like them.
  • Kimono
    Options
    Just got it at Target, will try it out tomorrow.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Awesome! I do have to tell you, I did it for the first time on Friday and I was in PAIN all weekend. I am STILL sore. I won't be able to do it today, I am out of town so I am going to move the check in for tomorrow. That is where I will post my stats and goals and all that lovely stuff.
  • tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    I just ordered my copy on Saturday from Amazon. It was $8.50. How much is it at the stores?? I can't wait to get it and get started.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    I got my copy off of amazon as well. I think the prices are pretty much the same.
  • tysyry
    Options
    I can't wait to try it...had never heard of it until this message board. I will check back in after I try it and let you know if I can walk or not....haha
  • tysyry
    Options
    I can't wait to try it...had never heard of it until this message board. I will check back in after I try it and let you know if I can walk or not....haha
  • Kimono
    Options
    Did level 1 and level 2, sure I will be sore tomorrow. Are you really supposed to do it everyday???
  • candycaneps
    Options
    I don't think you HAVE to do it everyday. If you can then do, but make sure you pace yourself. Personally I wouldn't do level 1 and 2 when first starting out. I am staying at level 1 for now until I can do it without dying =D I am still a little sore but Saturday was terrible. I couldn't stand up on my own. I am more out of shape then I thought!
  • Kimono
    Options
    Level was wasn't to bad for me, that is why I did both. Next time I will just do level 2, along with my running program. I do like the circuits, makes it go by fast.
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I want to join in!
    I bought the DVD last Friday.
    Today was Day 3, level 1. And Level 1 kills me! I am so out of shape..

My Goal is to do it everyday minus Sunday for a month and see what kind of results i can get. I have some baby fat (gained 64 lbs!!! Lost about 44 of them doing nothing) i am trying to get rid of and just get toned.

I have great motivation, Cruise in 222 Days!!!!