Mayo, Miracle Whip or Other

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
So I posted on my page that my attempt to replace the Light Miracle Whip in my tuna salad for lunch with Greek Yogurt was an epic FAIL. To my surprise many of my friends are not a fan of Miracle Whip. So I thought for fund I'd ask everyone their thoughts. I've always been a Miracle Whip girl. I absolutely HATE Mayo. What do you prefer?

P.S. My parents don't do either on sandwiches, but they do BUTTER!!!!!

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like Hellman's light and Miracle Whip. Both are good.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    No mayo, peanut-butter only, and the rest oils.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I love Miracle Whip..lite of course..that is all!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Miracle Whip!! Yummy!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Neither.

Usually just mustard, meat, and cheese
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    miracle whip here, was raised on it
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    For a substitute in your tuna salad, I'd suggest tzatziki sauce. Either buy some or make it! It's BETTER than mayo, I think. More flavor!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like both but in the lite versions but usually use mw because it has less calories.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mustard (spicy) type of girl
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I mix the two, Mircle Whip lite and Best Foods (or Helmans) Mayo. I don't want to give up Mayo completely, I find the combination suits my taste buds, lightens the Mayo a bit. I also use less than I used too.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Vegenaise!

but I used to ONLY eat Best Foods/Hellmans when I ate eggs.
  • beique
    Options
    I like fat free ranch salad dressing!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    For a substitute in your tuna salad, I'd suggest tzatziki sauce. Either buy some or make it! It's BETTER than mayo, I think. More flavor!
    Tzatziki sauce is incredible. Great idea. Lots of cheap, easy-to-make recipes out there for it.

I do love the tangy zest of Miracle Hwip though.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    There are a few things I won't give up and real mayonnaise is one of them - I use the one with olive oil added. Miracle Whip tastes horrible to me and lite versions of mayo are never as tasty. I'd rather work out for an extra 20 minutes than eat something I didn't really enjoy.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

Hmmm, that does sound interesting. I was going for the extra protein but had to gag it down. Not pleasant! I would definitely make homemade sauce as I've got another recipe I made it for that was AWESOME!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Real mayonnaise. A big part of me getting fat was chicken sandwiches with mayo, one time it was miracle whip instead and I thought I was being poisoned. :sick: Someone didn't know there was a difference and got miracle whip because it was cheaper.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    There is this little restaurant in Mendocino, CA. They use a bit of mayo and some cream cheese on their crab salad sandwiches. Works on tuna as well. I also like spicy mustard and some melted cheese.
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    I like the Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil when I do use mayo, but much prefer mustard because I can use as much as I want and it is 0 calories.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce + horseradish + mustard blend. It feels just as good going out as it tastes going in.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I've mostly switched to using mustard for everything instead of mayo or ketchup but when I do want some mayo I make my own.

http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/20/homemade-paleo-mayo-cooking-demo/

It's nice because you can make your own variations with different seasonings.

Another thing I've used for chicken salad is using some coconut milk (organic, full fat from the can) and mustard.