Ran my 1st 1/2 Marathon!!

Options
Ran my 1st half Marathon in Richmond McDonald's 1/2 marathon. I really wasn't sure if I would be able to do it when I began. But after training and continuing to push myself, I was able to do it! I even trained in some crazy weather conditions- hurricane and freezing rain! I'm so happy that I did it! Now I need a new goal to continue to push myself!

Share your recent accomplishments:smile:

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are awesome!! I finished by second 1/2 on October 30th and a "century" bike tour on September 17th. Still looking for my next adventure...
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congratulations :) its an awsome feeling hehe, well not immediately after, i remember grabbing the goodie bag and just being totally focused on "where is my medal" gimmi gimmi

cant wait to do it again, and one day marathon!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first half! I also completed my first half last month! I loved every second of it! Now to push myself towards a full!! That's my next goal :)
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm doing my first in February. Can't wait until I can post a topic like this. :)
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    congrats on the 1/2 marathon! I just started running a couple weeks ago (never have been a runner), and now I love it. I am starting small, working up to a 5K. Here's to you crossing the finish line! :D
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Just be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm addicted to 1/2 marathons. Training for my 6th now.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Just be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...

LOL THIS is absolutely true take it as a warning :)

my uncle did his decades ago, is now 60... for his birthday he ran the jungle marathon.. its a slippery slope
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Awesome......great job.
    Take the warnings seriously, you will be addicted!
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats! What an accomplishment!!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Check out UROC (Ultra Race of Champions) at Wintergreen. Not too far from Richmond. I ran the 1/2 there (called the Cruxy) - and it is a real challenge! If you think you wanna take it further, you can do the 50k or 100k they have going simultaneously. I'll probably do it again 2012.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Aweseome Job! I remember finishing my first.... digging down deep to do it... I felt invincible when I finished!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

I am signed up to walk my fourth in march in Washington dc
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Woohoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!