Super- busy mom of three looking for some motivation...

Options
Hi, my name is Nicole. I am a busy wife and mom of three with 2 DD and one DS. I also work full- time as a RN while going to school for my BSN. My schedule is hectic, so it has been difficult for me to lose my baby weight. Any tips, help or motivation would be greatly appreciated. PS... If anyone else out there works night shift and tips on weight loss while working crazy hours would be great, too! Nice too meet everyone, and I look forward to starting my weight loss journey here!

Replies

• calfirewife
    calfirewife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole!!! I too have 3 monkeys! I am married to a fireman and am alone a lot of the time. I would love some new friends and new motivators!!!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! My husband work long hours, so I am alone a lot as well! It is great to meet other people to help me get motivated!
  • smithfive
    smithfive Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome -

I am a mom w/3 kids too, they are all teenagers and the stress just gets more complex. I work full time as a home care RN and that is super busy too. I started MFP about 2 weeks ago, so far have lost about 3 lbs, but more importantly, I have not GAINED!
  • pmcd430
    pmcd430 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys! I just had my 2nd son 6 weeks ago and need to lose the baby weight from my 1st still! My husband is in the Army Guard and works FT and I am going to school FT, starting my RN program...so I am extremely busy too. I'm sure I could find the time to exercise--- it's finding the energy & motivation to do it instead of finally enjoying my time to relax! It'd be great to have other people in the same boat to go through this with!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm a night RN and a mom of 3 too! Add me!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom of 3... I work full time from home (which makes it easier to cheat and work out during the day) but my hubby is away from the house for 12-14 hours / day so homework, cooking and cleaning are my other full time jobs! Add me too if you like!
  • tennille3338
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a mum of 3 little ones as well.I have 3 year old boy/girl twin and a little man who will be 2 in January.
    I am a stay at home mother at the moment so my schedule is not as hectic as the sounds of yours!I did start studying for my Enrolled nursing when the twins were 5 months but had to stop 6 months in as my son got really sick ( suspected menengitis) and was in the hospital for a while and I made the decision to stay home and return when they were older.
    We are in Australia.Nice to meet you and hope we all achieve our weight-loss goals! xx
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    Hey Nicole. It's a tough gig working full-time and being a Mum - that is for sure. I used to work shift work and found i gained quite a bit of weight because I found it so tiring that I tended to eat to keep myself awake. Was a really slow job though in IT and only had to work when something went wrong so the hours went by very slowly. I ended up finding that making my eating more routine helped rather than just whenever I felt like it. I had a deisgnated time for meals and snacks and stuck to it and tried to keep the main meals as close as I could to whatever time i would normally have them.

I started here about 10 weeks ago and at the same time went from completely sedentary to exercising every day - I think I just had a mind shift. I was always making excuses that I didn't have the time. Most of us don't have spare time! I think I just realised that I needed to make this a priority in my life and make the time. Was hard for the first few weeks but getting up early and exercising has given me more energy for everything else and I now feel like I have more time as I am not so stressed!

Anyhow, best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole. I have 2 young children and am in class at night getting my master's. It's so hard not to eat junk at school during my breaks. MFP helps though. Welcome. Glad you're here.
  • gailashton
    Options
    Hi Nicole, my kids are all grown up, but that doesn't mean I still don't take care of them. It was way easier when they were little. I too worked midnights and lost 117 pounds in 7 months before my 30th birthday, kept it off for 8 years then gained it all back because there was no more time for me, lost it again, gained it back again, and so the yoyo continued. This year I have lost 75 pounds so far and have 20 more to go. I have vowed that I won't let it come back again! I am a grandmother of 2 now as well. When I have the kids I get them to do active things with me. Otherwise I make sure every day I carve out a little time for myself even if it's just 15 minutes or a half hour. When I worked midnights at the hospital I used to walk the halls of the hospital on my break, or go down to PT or cardiac rehab & get on the treadmill for half an hour. It woke me up and kept me in shape. Most important, make yourself important for even just a little bit of every day. It is better for you and for them even if it's just a walk with them. I hope this helps & best of luck! PS: And get a yoga ball to do some ab work while you're watching TV... no harm in moving a bit while your relaxing!
  • kbsmh
    kbsmh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a super-busy mom of three! I just won an all-expense paid trip to Punta Cana for March and really need to get rid of this "baby weight"...my baby is almost 5, but I still call it that:) I need an accountabiility partner to keep me on track. I have a very strong sweet tooth and love salty foods so I have a difficult time with making healthy choices. I will be looking towards all of you for motivation!!! I really want to get this weight off!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can tell you is keep your smart phone and MFP at all times, LOG EVERYTHING!
  • eleanorgr
    Options
    I am an RN and a mother of 3 as well. My oldest is 6 and I have 4 year old twins. I just joined MFP a few days ago and am motivated to finally take all the pregnancy weight off!