Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pain in the lower inside of the legs

This may sound like a silly question but here goes:
I have been exercising 5 days a week for the last 7.5 weeks, but for the last few days during and for a while after exercising I've been getting pain (dull and not unbearable) in the mid to lower inside of my legs, I think they are called Soleus muscles. Other than resting is there anything that I can do to help ease this so that I can continue to exercise?
Also, is there something that I should be taking to help my muscles to recover, other than eating protein rich foods?
I'm still pretty new to all of this, so thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Shin splints... get properly fitted trainers, Cross train, some rest, ease back in to running, ice...anti inflammatories and see your doctor for recommendations as to course of action...perhaps physio. Also try running SKINS...compression wear.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Food isn't going to help this issue, it's a biomechanical issue... usually as over use and from over pronators... people with flat feet and women suffer more as a general rule. You can tape them up too. I suggest you cycle or use an elliptical for the next week and then eas eback into a few easy runs gently...again with the reccomendations above...fitted trainers, perhaps compression wear...proper warm up... etc.