All over soreness?

Options
Okay...So I just worked out yesterday for the first time in over a year. I know, that is really bad. I have a very sedentary lifestyle, so I found the work out really hard. 30 day shred level one for 20 mins. It has been almost 24 hours since the work out and I can barely sit on the toilet. I feel like I'll fall. I'm SOOO sore. Every muscle. I know I sound like a cry baby but is this normal? I recently had a severe Vit D deficiancy but I took my prescription til it was gone. The doc said it was okay levels now. Does this sound like vit D or just that I'm super weak and out of shape. Also, should I rest? This pain is causing my anxiety to kick in and I"m convincing myself something is wrong with me. My neck muscles, everything just hurts...like bruised.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I hope it's normal, because I've been sore for over a week now. I'm afraid to go out in public, lest people think someone has been beating me!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I get sore a lot too. It has come to a point where I can tell during my workout when to stop. I have to quit before I am exhausted and before my muscles start to feel like wet noodles. When that feeling comes, I know I will be sore for two or three days, and that's not encouraging.

It helps to start small. Don't feel like you have to do a 20 minute workout on your first day. You can just do 5 minutes today, 10 minutes tomorrow, etc. Build up to the full workout if you are out of shape. Don't just jump in and do it all at once.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I stumbled across this post and I hate to say it...but I laughed out loud. I was SO you last year! I will never forget the day after my first round of 30 DS. My God, I could barely walk--sitting on the toilet was torture--going down stairs was nearly impossible. I could barely sleep! It was terrible.

By some act of God, I struggled through the 30 DS the next day and the day after...and on day 4 the soreness completely and totally disappeared. I then completed two complete rounds of the 30DS and lost a ton of inches.

Moral of the story: What you are feeling is NORMAL, unfortunately. Ibuprofen and lots of water. Keep moving--it will get better I promise!
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I'm so sorry it still hurts. I was hoping I would feel better tomorrow but it seems like I get more sore by the minute. Did you just start working out too? I walk like I have a broken leg! It hurts to lift my feet when I step. I just burn and ache. I actually have a check up at the doctor tomorrow morning at 8:30am. I'm going to ask her about this and if you friend me I will tell you what she says is causing it.
  • LosingWeight2012
    Options
    Thanks! I needed to hear that. I feel like a weirdo! lol I don't mind you laughing either. I hate even admitting how I feel! I hope it gets better. I don't think I can do the work out tonight. I shouldn't have forced myself to do the whole 20mins. =/ I don't think I was ready. I need level .5 not level 1. lol
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my husband had to come lift me off the toilet the 1st time I did the shred. I think day 3 and 4 were when the pain peaked (I couldnt even lift my arms to wash my hair!) I guess if it doesnt hurt you are doing it wrong! lol.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I remember the feeling like that after the first time I ever took a body pump class...it gets better. Even if you're not up to the 30DS tonight you should try and maybe just do the cardio. The thing about being sore is that if you don't move because of it, it will kick in even worse tomorrow. If even that is too much...make sure you stretch and the ibuprophen/water is also a great suggestion. Great job for taking the step to do it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    you're fine. Go for a walk if you can't do shred again, but if you wait for soreness to completely go away (days, a week?) you will be in the same boat all over.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    LOL! This was me last week...I couldn't hardly sit down on the toilet, take the stairs or wash my hair! I didn't get it from 30DS but from a new lifting routine out of bodybuilding.com topped off with HIIT. Not to scare you, but my soreness continued for a few days..and then on the third day, I got a fever....and then I was diagnosed with the darn flu! I know that initial workout was good, but after three days I was starting to wonder if the soreness was ever going to go away! I am feeling better now and looking forward to more once I have the energy to hit the gym again. Hopefully next time the soreness will totally be from my workout and not be from the flu!
  • LosingWeight2012
    Options
    I asked my Dr this morning why I'm sooo sore. She read me the results of my most recent blood test and told me I have a very low vitamin D level again. UGH!! Vitamin D defiiancy is common in people who don't get a lot of sun, have thyroid problems and digestive issues. So yeah, I have to take prescription Vitamin D again! She said to still work out but take it easier and only do it every other day. I hate the soreness but I'm doing something today. Anything. My face just needs to stop twitching. You guys get your vitamin D checked if any of this is happening to you.