Tilapia....now what???

2»

Replies

• Bake them! I like to use Old Bay's seasoning, a little garlic powder, a dash of the juice of any citrus (preferably lemon) if available, and a pat of butter if I have some extra calories to kill. I usually throw in and season some frozen veggies and bake it all into one delicious meal. It may be just me, but I especially like tilapia with broccoli and cauliflower.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    olive oil and seasoning of your choice, bake for like 10 mins
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I like it in ceviche.

Don't forget to do a search (using the Search link just above this thread) for the myriad suggestions provided in past threads. :flowerforyou:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    All of these sound wonderful and I just might try them too!!!! If you have a WalMart near you they have packages of frozen paremsean crusted tilapia by Treasures of the Sea and I love it!!!! It looks like we have given you a lot of ideas and I hope we have helped you out.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    A little olive oil, lemon juice and italian seasonings and bake them until it's cooked through.
  • tridling
    tridling Posts: 12 Member
    We put in in a pan with no oil (it releases water), and put on some balsamic vinegar and rosemary.
  • In friying pan, place one tablespoon of olive oil. Heat frying pan with oil in it and use one tilapia filet to spread the oil thinly over the bottom. Add the rest of the filets. Add one can of of diced tomatoes, one can of Ro*Tel, and one cup of birdseye pepper stir fry. Cover pan and cook on medium-low heat until fish is done. Delicious and good on calories.

10253311.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    chopped garlic, real butter, and a bit of crushed red pepper. yum. i do like to eat anything that was once in water.

bake until "flakes easily with a fork". (there are probably instructions on the package). they are easy to overcook, but my husband likes them that way.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Fish tacos... preferably with mango salsa, cabbage and lime.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Fish tacos... preferably with mango salsa, cabbage and lime.

mmm, i love fish tacos!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    My kids' favorite way to eat it is when I sprinkle it with Old Bay Seasoning and some parmesan (the kind you put on spaghetti) and bake it. Super simple.

I also sometimes season it (again with Old Bay) and just saute it in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Both ways are simple and tasty and not time-consuming.
  • Cajun spices is the way to go.