stress eating...

Options
damn i wanna change this. i need to. i can workout all i want but if i dont get a handle on my eating im never gonna get anywhere...tips on how to top stress eating? ive been stress eating for the past 2 months and its slowly creeping back up on the scale and i can physically feel and see it when i look in the mirror. i have to stop this...any tips???? and legit tips plz, not drink plenty of water, chew gum, and sleep. i do all of that and plenty of it. other tips besides those would be nice. thanks in advance if you reply :)

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just remember your goals...it is mind over emotion. Everytime you feel yourself slipping, think about the self destructive behavior you are about to inflict on your body and your weight loss progress and goals. Think about the reasons why you are doing it and stop yourself there, before you do it. Recognize that it's your emotional response to a comfort, that really is not a comfort at all.

It also helps to have your diary public because you are then not only accountable to you, but also to your friends who might be looking at your diary. Think about how many calories are in that bag of chips versus a healthy alternative like a piece of fruit or some carrots and what impact that has to you if you choose the chips over the fruit or veggies on an ongoing basis.

It's ok to slip up now and again...we are all human...it's just not about letting that behavior get the best of you most of the time!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, I found eating more protein, high fiber food and Lowe glycemic index food keeps me fuller for a longer time. I eat smaller meals but more often..more liked grazing. And drinking more water, couple with keeping myself busy, I won't think of food. After a while, it becomes part of your routine. Good luck...add me if you like.