Helpful tips?

Options
Last year during the winter I worked out in my house and wasn't ever in the cold weather so it never effected me. This year we've moved my workout area to the garage where I have more room and the hubs built me a pull up bar and my treadmill lives there. It worked great during the summer but now that it's cold I'm having a harder time. To preface this, I did just get over a very, very, very bad cold/cough thing that wiped me out and took forever to get over. I know part of my struggle is just trying to come back from that but even before I got sick it was tougher for me to workout in the cold air. My lungs don't seem to appreciate it and I feel like it's more of a struggle to get through the same workout.

Today was a little better than yesterday, probably in part because I am getting back into my groove after being sick but I did dress warmer too. I made sure I drank plenty of water, wore a hat and kept my sweatshirt on even after I got warmed up. I don't have asthma that I'm aware of (and I don't have health insurance so please don't tell me to go to the doctor.) After I get going it seems a little easier to tolerate the cold but still isn't as easy as when it was warmer! Are there any other things I can do to help myself get a good workout in during the cold? Will my body adapt to it as I get used to working out in it? We do plan to insulate the garage but by the time that happens it could be summer again...three years from now. :/