workout ideas for post op

Hey guys! I'm recovering from an abdominal hysterectomy , 3 weeks since surgery. Id really like to start exercising again but I can't do much that puts stress on my abdominal area. No running or jumping or lifting. But I'm allowed low impact & walking. Since walking gets boring, any other suggestions on what I could do besides walking?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You should talk to your doctor to get exercises that are safe for you to do.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Ask the doc, but really, I would just find a way to make the walking more interesting. I actually love it, and it has been the core of my weight loss (though, admittedly, a lot of it was on the incline treadmill).
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Obviously, check with your doctor first, but I found the recumbent stationary bike to be a great place to start for impact free cardio exercise. Good Luck!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Hey guys! I'm recovering from an abdominal hysterectomy , 3 weeks since surgery. Id really like to start exercising again but I can't do much that puts stress on my abdominal area. No running or jumping or lifting. But I'm allowed low impact & walking. Since walking gets boring, any other suggestions on what I could do besides walking?

If your doctor gives you the okay to exercise, try Leslie Sansone indoor walking workouts. Chris Freytag even have a fun walking workout.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Air boxing?
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Thanks guys :)