Weighing In

Options
Hi! Just wanted to ask if it's really necessary to weigh in every week? It's not my favorite ritual and really, only one of two things happen: complacency and depression. Does anyone have a different method in measuring weight loss results? Thanks! :D

Replies

• curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Of course it's not necessary. Lots of people only weigh in and measure themselves (with tape measure) once a month.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I measure mmyself every two weeks. My arms, breasts, under the boobs, waist, hips, bum, thigh and calf. I keep the measurements on an excell spreadsheet. Way better than weighing!
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In my experience.... in the beginning, the way my clothes started to fit was most important to me. The scale wasn't showing me the results I wanted, but my clothes were.
    Of course it's not necessary. Lots of people only weigh in and measure themselves (with tape measure) once a month.
  • Khielle
    Options
    I like the idea of putting the numbers in Excel! I'll try that. Thanks!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's not my favorite ritual and really, only one of two things happen: complacency and depression.

Good point. I find I do better NOT to weigh in...
  • summersk
    Options
    Measurements are another great way of tracking without having to see that ugly little number on the evil scale! Not to mention that measurements show changes even if you are building muscle.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I weigh in once a week but I also track my measurements. These I take once a month. You can track these here as well.