Brain fart with Brita water filter

Options
I have one of those water pitchers with the Brita filter you insert. I'm looking at their website and can't find information on what the filter indicator means and of course can't find the instructions that came with it.

It is blinking as it appears the filter is done/completely used up, but if I press the Start button it goes up to 100.

Any ideas the status of my filter or where I can find the instructions?

My brain is kaputt

Replies

• kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The gauge doesn't actually tell you the status of the filter, it's just a timer. It figures what the average household uses and how long it takes and then it reminds you to change it.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have one of those water pitchers with the Brita filter you insert. I'm looking at their website and can't find information on what the filter indicator means and of course can't find the instructions that came with it.

It is blinking as it appears the filter is done/completely used up, but if I press the Start button it goes up to 100.

Any ideas the status of my filter or where I can find the instructions?

My brain is kaputt

I need to replace my filter but forgot the directions on starting a new one!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Talk about brain farts! Why did this post twice?
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Replacing I actually remember. Submerse it in cold water for 10-15 minutes, then insert the filter and fill the top. Dump out the first 2-3 sets of water that come out then you're good to go!
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    you are suspose to reset it everytime you change the filter. when it blinks red it's time to change it.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    When it's blinking at you, it's time to change the filter. One filter will be good for about 2 months. I just change my filter when it blinks at me. You need to soak the new filter for 15 minutes covered in water. Then put the new filter in and run 2 pitchers of water thru it before using it to drink. Pressing the start button will take you back to 100%. Be sure to hold that down till the little light in the corner blinks. Hope this helps.

Here is a step by step process for Brita.

http://www.brita.com/your-brita/using-your-brita/
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    When it's blinking at you, it's time to change the filter. One filter will be good for about 2 months. I just change my filter when it blinks at me. You need to soak the new filter for 15 minutes covered in water. Then put the new filter in and run 2 pitchers of water thru it before using it to drink. Pressing the start button will take you back to 100%. Be sure to hold that down till the little light in the corner blinks. Hope this helps.

Here is a step by step process for Brita.

http://www.brita.com/your-brita/using-your-brita/

Thank you! Bookmarking this. It suggests to replace every 40 gallons which is something I can relate to.