Just Turned 50 -- New to MFP & need friends & no excuses :)

Options
Just turned 50; lost only 10 since January but want to get "serious" -- I need to lose 56 pounds...
I am also looking for "check in" motivational friends who can understand losing weight at this age is harder; working out a little more scarey, etc. etc. BUT NO Excuses :)

Anyone out there who can help and who I can help :) ?

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'll cheer ya on..
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in your age group, so you know that our metabolism is not fair. I will be glad to check in and help keep both of us motivated. I will send you a friend request. Just reply then you can read my food diary and encourage me to have more exercises added to my daily log.
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just clean up your diet and get an exercise regimen. Welcome! :)
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Friend request on the way!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new friends myself, a request is on the way!
  • tjr61
    tjr61 Posts: 3
    Options
    I recently turned 50 and in the last 2 + years I have lost 74 pounds and quit a 2 pack a day cigarette habit. Being 50 is NO EXCUSE! You can and will do it... if it is what YOU really want.
  • Februarydenise
    Februarydenise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ugh, understand COMPLETELY!!! Will be 50 in February. Lost 100 pounds about 5 years ago, went from a size 24 to an 8. In the past year, I've gone from that 8 back to a 16.... Just lost my focus, and started eating stupid and not exercising. I could use a motivational friend, too. It feels like the weight will never come back off, and I could strangle myself for gaining some back.
    Nice to meet you :)
    Denise
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it at 57. Feel free to add me!
  • EZfitter
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
    Sounds like it is doable, achievable and no walk in the park but nonetheless a walk or maybe a climb :).... Cheers to making it happen for all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • EarthquakeZinGirl
    Options
    I definitely understand the challenges. I'm right there along with you. I haven't quite figured out how to add folks, but feel free to add me. I'm working on a 30 plus loss myself--right at "that" age. :bigsmile:

The more folks we can be accountable to, the better.
  • EarthquakeZinGirl
    Options
    :I definitely understand the challenges. I'm right there along with you. I haven't quite figured out how to add folks, but feel free to add me. I'm working on a 30 plus loss myself--right at "that" age. bigsmile:

The more folks we can be accountable to, the better.