2 weeks wiith no work out

Options
as i went from working out 4 times a week to none in the last 2 weeks is this going to change much as i was trying to bulk. up? i changed my job and i get up very early to go to work. my job is very physical when i get home it is late and i am too wiped to do any sort of work out. if i just work out on weekends will that be okay or will it even make a difference? please let me know what you all think thanks!!!!!! giving up is not part of my goal so any help would be great!!!!!

Replies

• rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    if you want it bad enough you will find a way....also, anything is better than nothing just make sure what you can put in is quality
  • ryanperna
    ryanperna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If your job is very physical, you may not need to work out at the end of the day-make sure you count this in your calories burned / activity level! However, it also depends on the type of work. Getting your heart rate up to an abnormal level is really good for you, and it depends on how physical your job is....

I worked my way through college being a garbageman-and I was in the best shape of my life. It was so easy to lose weight (but i never felt like i had to). Then the desk job came-I would be thankful that you don't have to sit around all day-if I do, I go insane!

Anyways, yes, I would definitely work out on the weekends and it sounds like interval training would really benefit you-get your heart rate really high, rest, etc. I don't want to tell you something you may already know...google can help!
  • mrmarch911
    mrmarch911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i do scaffolding so there is alot of running up and down stairs all day, climbing, lifting, reaching pulling, but not heavy thanks for the advice
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I to have a very physical job, working 10 + hrs a day and for the first 2 weeks I was wiped every day, but I adapted and am working out again, just remember that working harder means you need to eat more. My total daily expenditure jumped from 2200 cals a day to 3500+ a day my first week I dropped 2.2 lbs. You will need to eat more to accommodate the new job increasing carb and protein intake. If you desire to bulk up then that means you will require a surplus of cals to do so meaning eating even more. To add muscle you require a modest surplus of around 10% or so on cals, to shed fat you require a deficit of cals. You can not achieve both muscle gain and fat loss at the same time unless you are either a genetic anomaly or obese. I now fit my workouts in where I can usually 2 to 3 times a week but I do just as well as before.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wear a quality heart rate monitor during a few days at work and see how many calories you burn during your physical job. Then you'll have a better handle on how fit your livelihood is likely to make you without supplementary exercise.

Measurement is everything.