NSV - Cute workout clothes!

Options
AZKristi
AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
Can I just say how awesome it feels to be able to walk into a store and buy workout clothes off the rack? When I started my journey I was relegated to plus size stores where it was difficult to find proper workout wear. When I could find workout clothes, I usually had to special order them and they were barely affordable.

Last week I saw a sale on active wear, walked right in and found a really cute workout outfit IN A SIZE I FIT INTO on the rack. I can't remember the last time this happened! Tonight I wore my new cycling skort with matching shirt for the first time and felt great!

I'm not at my goal weight yet, but I'm amazed at the progress I've made since joining MFP and a gym!

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Where did you find the cute workout clothes? I'm always looking for something new and fun.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think I love my workout gear better than my regular clothes now!!!

I:heart: Lululemon!!! (I have an unhealthy obsession with it actually:blushing: )
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This one one of my biggest nsvs. I love being able to get workout clothes at Old Navy and not have to order them online. Great Job!!!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I:heart: Lululemon!!! (I have an unhealthy obsession with it actually:blushing: )

I agree with this ^^^^

Lulu is not as popular in the states, but trust me ladies if you get a chance to buy lulu it will change your opinion considerably about other brands of workout clothes!
  • Crystals422
    Options

You must be rich, I could never imagine spending $100 on one pair of workout pants or a shirt. Old Navy has compression pants/jackets for about $40 each that I love.
  • mamitosami
    Options

You must be rich, I could never imagine spending $100 on one pair of workout pants or a shirt. Old Navy has compression pants/jackets for about $40 each that I love.

Ha!! I wish I were rich! I get them as gifts from family (like for Christmas or birthdays people will go in together to get one gift) and I buy from the 'we made too much section' (basically the sale section, I've never spent more than $49 on a pair of pants from there and $29 on a top) on the website. I've tried other workout gear and it just falls apart or off when I'm working out! So I have a few key pieces that I take really good care of. I have had some Lulu stuff for 7 years! And it looks new. I feel like most of it is worth the price.
  • mamitosami
    Options

I agree with this ^^^^

Lulu is not as popular in the states, but trust me ladies if you get a chance to buy lulu it will change your opinion considerably about other brands of workout clothes!

Agreed.
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options

Ha!! I wish I were rich! I get them as gifts from family (like for Christmas or birthdays people will go in together to get one gift) and I buy from the 'we made too much section' (basically the sale section, I've never spent more than $49 on a pair of pants from there and $29 on a top) on the website. I've tried other workout gear and it just falls apart or off when I'm working out! So I have a few key pieces that I take really good care of. I have had some Lulu stuff for 7 years! And it looks new. I feel like most of it is worth the price.

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic but OMG I never knew Lulu had that "we made too much section"! This may be the best thing on earth! haha thanks!!
  • mamitosami
    Options

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic but OMG I never knew Lulu had that "we made too much section"! This may be the best thing on earth! haha thanks!!

They do!! And they have FREE shipping!! They also have a substantial sale rack at the store near my house--I've paid far less for their bras than other sports stores--they are worth it, they hold up (pardon the pun!) beautifully after many, many washes.

(Sorry, but I resent that it was implied that I was rich/or would dare waste my money on clothing that was considered expensive! I've bought workout gear for over 25 years, and Lulu's the only one that lasts for so long, or Nike, but it's even more pricey than Lulu. I work out 6 days a week and I wear my workout gear just day to day too, I think it's a great way to spend $$ when you get a ton of wear out of it. Just had to get that out!)
  • Crystals422
    Options
    I have never heard of it, just went to their website. I guess I should not have said anything because I have tons of Coach purses and most of them were over $100. I buy them for the same ressons I guess. I guess it came out wrong. I will have to keep an eye of for some of their clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!