Christmas DVD Wishlist

Options
I'm looking to add some more variety to my fitness routine and figured Christmas would be the perfect time. I currently have Turbo Jam and that's it (but I really enjoy it and would like similar things).

I'm looking for more cardio than anything else but something that works my muscles at the same time. I'd also like something that is fun to do, maybe a bit dancey.

Keep in mind that I have weak ankles so I need something with a low-impact version that works you just as hard.

I also prefer ones with a variety of different workouts on the DVD.

Has anyone tried Zumba for Wii? I HATE Wii Fit and other Wii games so I'm hesitant about it. They just don't seem to work you hard enough.

Any other suggestions based on my needs?

Replies

• backstreet1008
    Options
    Oh I should add, I know a lot of people like Jillian Michaels but I'm not sure I'd like the 30 day shred. The workouts seem too short to burn enough calories. (According to MFP my body only burns slightly over 200 an hour doing aerobics...and her workouts are only 20 minutes.)
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been looking and reading about a lot of different workout dvd's and the ones I've got on my list this year are the Bob Harper Inside Out Method dvd's. From everything I've read it sounds like a really great workout!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I tried the Yoga for the Warrior with Bob Harper, that is part of his Inside Out series that klynn81 has on her list, and I almost died. I never thought yoga could be so intense or cause me to sweat so much. So I ended up getting all three videos in the series and they are great! There are two workouts on each DVD, one about 45 minutes and one about 25 minutes.

I also just started TurboFire and it's intense. If you've already done TurboJam, it'll be probably be easier for you since you'll know some of the movements.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Thanks I'll have to try the Bob Harper ones out! Although, I noticed that he uses a lot of weight-lifting in his routines and I have a rough time with weights. Is it the same for the yoga?

I would love to try the TurboFire but it's a bit too expensive for me.

Any other ideas?
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A family member gave me Bob's inside out cardio DVD the other day since he had an extra, and I tried it out for the first time last night. Sweet Jesus. The DVD is brutal. BRUTAL! I loved it. So much in fact, that I turned around and bought the yoga one this morning. I can't wait to try it out!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have Zumba for PS3 Move and it's pretty good. Just depends how much intensity you put into it! If you push yourself and really move it, it burns a TON of calories. Not so great for working muscles, but good cardio.

Any of the Jilian Michaels DVDs are good, according to others on MFP. I got some on Ebay for about $8 each.